Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, first off please excuse my username, i dont know what i was thinking...

I was just calculating what scores i need to get in the summer exams in order a get a B grade (which is the minimum grade i can get and still get into uni).

Last year i got 117 in the core studies (A grade) and 44 in the psychological Investigation paper (B grade) which meant that i got 161 in total (A grade)

Presuming the paper is out of 400, as the AS level looks like it was out of 200, and presuming that to get a B grade requires 280 marks, does that mean i have to get 119 in the summer exam (averaging to 59.5 % per paper)?

I assumed that if 80 was an A, then 70 would be a B, 60 a C ect.

All help is much appreciated, im just not sure what the marks for each paper are, basically what i want to know is, as I have an A for AS level, can i get a C this year and still get a B overall.
    (bear in mind my A is only one mark above the grade boundary)

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by massivelegend)
    hey, first off please excuse my username, i dont know what i was thinking...

I was just calculating what scores i need to get in the summer exams in order a get a B grade (which is the minimum grade i can get and still get into uni).

Last year i got 117 in the core studies (A grade) and 44 in the psychological Investigation paper (B grade) which meant that i got 161 in total (A grade)

Presuming the paper is out of 400, as the AS level looks like it was out of 200, and presuming that to get a B grade requires 280 marks, does that mean i have to get 119 in the summer exam (averaging to 59.5 % per paper)?

I assumed that if 80 was an A, then 70 would be a B, 60 a C ect.

All help is much appreciated, im just not sure what the marks for each paper are, basically what i want to know is, as I have an A for AS level, can i get a C this year and still get a B overall.
    (bear in mind my A is only one mark above the grade boundary)

Thanks for any help
    Both exams (G543/4) is out of 100.

Since you already have 161/200 (around 80%) you just need 119 (around 60%) marks overall in your A2 exam to get a B overall.

So to answer your question, you can obtain a C in A2 in order to get a B overall

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.