Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys : ONS with a virgin ? watch

Announcements
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Triple_H)
    sex is for losers
    How can we be cool?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    but you said 'Anyone who bases their decision on whether someone is or isn't a virgin is a bit stupid IMO.'
    I was on about the other party. You know those people who say things like "Oh I'd never date a virgin/non-virgin" depending on which side of the fence they sit on. It's a bit silly.

    (Original post by Nepene)
    Your virginity status at a certain age says a lot about your behaviour, in terms of impulsiveness, attractiveness, moral beliefs, and use of alcohol and drugs.

    It's one of the better things people use to decide how to behave. There are a lot of far more crap ones, like what kind of shoes someone wears.
    I completely disagree. You can tell from someone's general character what type of person they are, whether they have had sex or not is kind of irrelevant. I agree that the shoes thing is crap, but I think this about pretty much all the weird dating 'rules' some people have. Date who you are attracted to and have a good time with. Age, virginity, smoker or not etc doesn't need to come into it.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Well would you want to lose it to someone who cared.

    I find it so sad that people go "I'm 17 and STILL a virgin...it just hasn't happened yet". Look its your life and your body so if its your prerogative but I don't understand why people think 17 is so old to be a virgin. many pf my friends were in their 20s and not one regrets waiting. don't be in such a rush. I think the attitude of "I want to just get it over and have fun" is quite immature really but as i said that's my belief and its your decision and you know what right for you

    Remember the first time often hurts and if he doesn't know he might be a bit fast and rough and then it will be very painful.
    • #2
    #2

    What is ONS?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    I'd be in two minds whether to feel guilty about deflowering her in such an unloving way or to punch the air and go YES, JCC SMASH!
    This post is definitely my TSR highlight of the month.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    what a nice concept of fun you have!
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I completely disagree. You can tell from someone's general character what type of person they are, whether they have had sex or not is kind of irrelevant. I agree that the shoes thing is crap, but I think this about pretty much all the weird dating 'rules' some people have. Date who you are attracted to and have a good time with. Age, virginity, smoker or not etc doesn't need to come into it.
    That takes an extremely long time. People tend to present their best face to you for a while and later let loose their true self. It's best to pick up as many hints about whoever you are with's true nature as you can.

    You may be attracted to hidden things about a person. If you're attracted to sexual experience, virginity may not be the way to go. If you're attracted to people without emotional baggage, someone who's had twenty boyfriends and sex with all of them isn't the way to go.

    Age and smoker status are very important. Age determines how attracted you are to a person, likewise with smoking. Your looks and appearance tend to get less as you age, past a certain point, more below a certain point. Plus, older guys tend to be more experienced and dominant, and have more money and tend to get girls pregnant more often.
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What is ONS?
    one night stand
    • #1
    • Thread Starter
    #1

    (Original post by Ellsbells3032)
    Well would you want to lose it to someone who cared.

    I find it so sad that people go "I'm 17 and STILL a virgin...it just hasn't happened yet". Look its your life and your body so if its your prerogative but I don't understand why people think 17 is so old to be a virgin. many pf my friends were in their 20s and not one regrets waiting. don't be in such a rush. I think the attitude of "I want to just get it over and have fun" is quite immature really but as i said that's my belief and its your decision and you know what right for you

    Remember the first time often hurts and if he doesn't know he might be a bit fast and rough and then it will be very painful.
    I don't think 17 is old to be a virgin at all. Never said so and never will. I am really happy with everything I've experienced untill now, I just think I'm ready and don't care about it that much. So I wouldn't want the fact I'm virgin prevents me from having fun, that's all..
    I'm not sure you understood what I meant
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    Oh, I assumed it was some sexual slang. If it's a one night stand that's double the reason to use quick stereotypes like virginity. You don't know much about her. You need every hint you can get.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nepene)
    That takes an extremely long time. People tend to present their best face to you for a while and later let loose their true self. It's best to pick up as many hints about whoever you are with's true nature as you can.
    And virginity does that how? Hypothetically, if I was in a loving relationship and lost my virginity at 14, how would that mean I have lax morals or whatever you're implying? Similarly, just because someone hasn't had sex at 18 doesn't mean they're purer than the virgin Mary. I just don't see what virginity has to do with it. You can tell from how people look...even when they try to act, you can still see what they're like. For example, if a chavvy guy tries to act like a sophisticated individual, it won't go too well.

    You may be attracted to hidden things about a person. If you're attracted to sexual experience, virginity may not be the way to go. If you're attracted to people without emotional baggage, someone who's had twenty boyfriends and sex with all of them isn't the way to go.
    But that's assuming things. Someone who's had sex with all of her exes may not have any emotional baggage at all.


    Age and smoker status are very important. Age determines how attracted you are to a person, likewise with smoking. Your looks and appearance tend to get less as you age, past a certain point, more below a certain point. Plus, older guys tend to be more experienced and dominant, and have more money and tend to get girls pregnant more often.
    Why? I tend to like older men, but I don't have set age parameters. If I liked someone and they were a lot older than me, it wouldn't change how I feel about them. And why does being a smoker affect it? I don't smoke myself but if my partner smoked I wouldn't mind. All that matters is whether you like the person and have a 'spark'.
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    I would be put off because of virgin syndrome but after a few drinks I'd probably conveniently forget about that and give it a shot.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    And virginity does that how? Hypothetically, if I was in a loving relationship and lost my virginity at 14, how would that mean I have lax morals or whatever you're implying? Similarly, just because someone hasn't had sex at 18 doesn't mean they're purer than the virgin Mary. I just don't see what virginity has to do with it. You can tell from how people look...even when they try to act, you can still see what they're like. For example, if a chavvy guy tries to act like a sophisticated individual, it won't go too well.
    If you had sex at 14, you probably have poor impulse control. Morally, you're willing to break the law for sex. If you had sex at 18, you have good impulse control, and were less willing to break the law. This would depend on how attractive you were, which is easy to judge.

    People are very good at hiding things. With obvious examples you can tell, but not always.

    But that's assuming things. Someone who's had sex with all of her exes may not have any emotional baggage at all.
    It's likely. Sex is intense. It forms bonds. You are assuming that because you don't definitely know the information is useless. If you know there's a 80% chance that after you have sex she's going to think about her ex or a 20% chance she's going to cheat on you that's helpful information.

    Why? I tend to like older men, but I don't have set age parameters. If I liked someone and they were a lot older than me, it wouldn't change how I feel about them. And why does being a smoker affect it? I don't smoke myself but if my partner smoked I wouldn't mind. All that matters is whether you like the person and have a 'spark'.
    Well, you should know there's a higher chance of one impregnating you, and take precautions. You should know you'll have different experiences which may be a barrier.

    Well, they smell and they're gonna die sooner. Their teeth will rot. The future matters. They have less money too, and poor impulse control.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nepene)
    If you had sex at 14, you probably have poor impulse control. Morally, you're willing to break the law for sex. If you had sex at 18, you have good impulse control, and were less willing to break the law. This would depend on how attractive you were, which is easy to judge.
    No, it means that you loved someone and felt that as the owner of your body, you could do as you pleased with it. It is not the state's business to dictate what one can do with one's own body. Oh and by the way, the age of consent is only there to stop paedophiles. Hence why people rarely get convicted for having sex with their partners when they're under 16.

    People are very good at hiding things. With obvious examples you can tell, but not always.
    If it's a one night stand, are you really going to care?


    It's likely. Sex is intense. It forms bonds. You are assuming that because you don't definitely know the information is useless. If you know there's a 80% chance that after you have sex she's going to think about her ex or a 20% chance she's going to cheat on you that's helpful information
    And where did you get those statistics from? :rolleyes: You can't generalise everyone.



    Well, you should know there's a higher chance of one impregnating you, and take precautions. You should know you'll have different experiences which may be a barrier.
    WHy exactly is there a higher chance of me becoming pregnant if I date men who are older than me? Surely that depends on a lot of things, such as the fertility of both parties, contraception used, whether or not their having sexual relations etc.

    Well, they smell and they're gonna die sooner. Their teeth will rot. The future matters. They have less money too, and poor impulse control.
    I play a dangerous sport. There's a chance I could be injured badly. Is someone going to not date me because of it? I highly doubt it. You could die crossing the road tomorrow. Everything is risky. Oh and not all smokers smell. Some of my closest friends smoke and unless you know them well, you wouldn't be able to tell as they don't smell at all.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    No, it means that you loved someone and felt that as the owner of your body, you could do as you pleased with it. It is not the state's business to dictate what one can do with one's own body. Oh and by the way, the age of consent is only there to stop paedophiles. Hence why people rarely get convicted for having sex with their partners when they're under 16.
    Yes, people with good self control tend to avoid doing stuff with their body till later in life. I'm not sure how the state got in here (edit. Laws on sex, state. Ah got it.). It's not the state's business to say that we can't judge people who did it at age 14.

    So if the law isn't enforced strongly it doesn't exist. You have a quite chaotic attitude to that law.

    And where did you get those statistics from? :rolleyes: You can't generalise everyone.
    I made them up. My mental judgement depends on too many factors to give easy numbers, but I've generally found my judgements to be correct.

    And yes, you can generalize everyone. It makes the world so much more complex. You can think about more complicated things and go on autopilot. Plus, if you do chose to think about things it allows you to understand things faster.

    WHy exactly is there a higher chance of me becoming pregnant if I date men who are older than me? Surely that depends on a lot of things, such as the fertility of both parties, contraception used, whether or not their having sexual relations etc.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage..._relationships

    Men over age 25 fathered twice as many children of teenage mothers than boys under age 18, and men over age 20 fathered five times as many children of junior high school-aged girls as did junior high school-aged boys.

    It's an absolutely huge, huge factor. You're increasing your chances of getting pregnant by a factor of 2-5, irrespective of everything else.

    I play a dangerous sport. There's a chance I could be injured badly. Is someone going to not date me because of it? I highly doubt it. You could die crossing the road tomorrow. Everything is risky. Oh and not all smokers smell. Some of my closest friends smoke and unless you know them well, you wouldn't be able to tell as they don't smell at all.
    I doubt your sport is as dangerous as smoking, but if it was I could certainly see some men not seeing you as a good long term prospect. You might be hot now, but they don't want to have to take care of your broken damaged body for fifty years while you do nothing.

    You have to stick your tongue in their mouth and cuddle these smokers, if they are lovers. That makes it a lot easier.
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    Most girls are virgins at 17, most guys would assume you were...most guys wouldn't mind - if they're your age they're likely to be virgins too. Personally I would be wary about having sex with a virgin because I would assume it wouldn't be a one night thing for her; also sex probably won't be very good if you're shy and unconfident and most virgins are.
    Offline

    10
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nepene)
    I would be happy and dance about.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chQP6...eature=related

    This tune would then play in my head.
    Really expected the link to be this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o lol. Each to their own
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Why would you (guys) feel guilty if she was up for it herself?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Don't lose your virginity through a ONS. I did and the guy was really rough... hurt like crazy and I bled... a lot. I think it made it pretty obvious I was a virgin. I don't so much regret the sex, it was just unbearably painful and I didn't really enjoy it. You're better off taking it slow and being more comfortable.
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    I'd be in two minds whether to feel guilty about deflowering her in such an unloving way or to punch the air and go YES, JCC SMASH!
    THIS
 
 
 
Reply
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.