Turn on thread page Beta

Who you voting for in the May 5th Scottish parliament elections. POLL! watch

• View Poll Results: Please pic ONE for regional and ONE for constituency!
    SNP (constituency ballot)
    26.67%
    Labour (constituency ballot)
    6.67%
    Conservatives (constituency ballot)
    43.33%
    Liberal Democrats (constituency ballot)
    10.00%
    Other (constituency ballot)
    6.67%
    SNP (regional ballot)
    26.67%
    Labour (regional ballot)
    13.33%
    Conservatives (regional ballot)
    26.67%
    Liberal Democrats (regional ballot)
    3.33%
    Other (regional ballot)
    6.67%

ReputationRep:
    So who will you be voting for in your regional and constituency seat? And will you be voting for two different parties?

Please only pick ONE for regional and ONE for constituency!

EDIT: Mods just delete this thread, the poll has been spoilt by english posters voting in a mock scottish poll, distorting the predicted outcome!!

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives, naturally. Credible leader and the most solid manifesto put forward thus far, plus they've demonstrated themselves as able to work with other parties to bring about their policy commitments despite being the third party in Scotland.

Labour and the SNP are practically the same, with the latter being rather more unpleasant to me due to their Scottish nationalism. As for the Lib Dems, meh.

In terms of the general political landscape, things are uninspiring: four more years of Alex Salmond attempting to undermine the unity of the country and putting forward things like minimum alcohol pricing would be miserable, but getting Iain Gray - the least charismatic man in Scotland - in, with his rag-tag front bench, is almost as depressing. Still, Gray for First Minister is probably my preferred outcome between the two - and I predict he'll win it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Conservatives, naturally. Credible leader and the most solid manifesto put forward thus far, plus they've demonstrated themselves as able to work with other parties to bring about their policy commitments despite being the third party in Scotland.

Labour and the SNP are practically the same, with the latter being rather more unpleasant to me due to their Scottish nationalism. As for the Lib Dems, meh.
    Yeah but the free tuition! It's like hanging a steak infront of a dog, you it's going to take a bite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)
    Yeah but the free tuition! It's like hanging a steak infront of a dog, you it's going to take a bite.
    Ask the Lib Dems, what they promise and what they actually deliver are two very different things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will Lucky)
    Ask the Lib Dems, what they promise and what they actually deliver are two very different things.
    I was talking about labour and snp lol.

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about labour and snp lol.
    Yeah, I meant Politicians in general. Didn't really make that clear.

ReputationRep:
    Would naturally vote Labour for constituency and SNP on the regional, but I absolutely hate the Labour candidate for my area. So this year it'll have to be the other way about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will Lucky)
    Yeah, I meant Politicians in general. Didn't really make that clear.
    True, but since they're offering, it's worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    Where's my right to vote as an anonymous person!?

ReputationRep:
    I'm more concerned about keeping Scottish universities competitive. The SNP say the money they have to find - where from, God knows - to 'fill the funding gap' is £93 million; the universities and official economists say it's closer to £200 million. The SNP have suggested totally unrealistic things, like being able to alter the fundamentals of European Union law so they can charge students from other EU countries - frankly, I think having a major party even suggesting such things makes a mockery of Scottish politics.

I get the feeling that the other parties are simply ignoring this, and promising more and more expensive policies that they simply can't afford. I want to live in a Scotland where people, and the government, take responsibility rather than thinking they can simply shake the magical money tree at every turn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)
    Where's my right to vote as an anonymous person!?
    I thught I checked the box that let people stay anon. I'll see if the mods can fix it.

ReputationRep:
    I was only kidding anyway, I'm not even from Scotland

It's probably best you can see, otherwise you'd get people voting for more than one

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives, I am disgusted at the amount of Scots who voted Labour in the general election.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    The SNP have suggested totally unrealistic things, like being able to alter the fundamentals of European Union law so they can charge students from other EU countries - frankly, I think having a major party even suggesting such things makes a mockery of Scottish politics.
    How is that unrealistic? Ireland do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ENNGUF)
    How is that unrealistic? Ireland do it.
    Ireland do it because they charge their home students too, which the SNP ruled out long before they started talking about such nonsense. The matter is not one of charging fees, it is one of equal treatment of citizens of other member-states.

ReputationRep:
    The SNP have done more for Scotland in the last 4 years than Labour or the Tories have done in generations. They have more than proven themselves as capable and Alex Salmond is the best man to lead the country. Saor Alba!!!

ReputationRep:
    Angus McDoodle from North Cilt-Town.

ReputationRep:
    I will be voting SNP in spirit, they seem like decent chaps :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Voting Scottish Liberal Democrat

ReputationRep:
    I'll be voting SNP. I am not sure we'll win but I'm extremely confident we're going to obtain our highest percentage share of the vote ever - happy days!

I find it curious that so few people say they will vote Labour. Doesn't seem very reflective of the Scottish political landscape.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.