Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looking down on girls who carry Primark watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know I sound like a right *****, maybe I am, many have told me.
    But every time I see a girl carrying lots of Primark bags, I put my nose in the air, and look down on them.

Most are greedy want cheap clothes, and don't care about poor kids in 3rd country making them for peanuts.

These girls are such tramps I tell you.

I remember once on a date, this girl tryed to take me shopping while we went from pub to pub.
    She took me in to Primark to try on some clothes, I felt so ashamed being there, the people in the shop act like greedy animals! clothes all over the place and floor.

She brought a dress for £24,:ahee: and planned to wear it for a party.

I never did call her again, but she did give me a ****

Primark is only good for people on benefits other than that, you have no excuse you greedy pigs!

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, I know what you mean about the third world thing. Because it's not like Gap, Topshop and New Look were found to be doing the same things!

ReputationRep:
    Obvious troll, but I do hate Primark. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Primark is good for cheap basics, like leggings and vest tops. If you pay anything more than #5 for a vest top you're a mug imo.
    Maybe some of us just like good quality vests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Maybe some of us just like good quality vests?
    I don't know about you, but I'd rather pay #1.50 for an undershirt and wear a #40 dress over it

ReputationRep:
    Hey, not fair, what about the guys that carry hundreds of Primark bags?!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you, but I'd rather pay #1.50 for an undershirt and wear a #40 dress over it
    I can see your point, but I'd still rather pay a bit more and get something that feels nice to wear. It's like wearing expensive undies, no one can see it (well :sexface:) but it makes you feel good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK12345)
    Yes, I know I sound like a right *****, maybe I am, many have told me.
    But every time I see a girl carrying lots of Primark bags, I put my nose in the air, and look down on them.

Most are greedy want cheap clothes, and don't care about poor kids in 3rd country making them for peanuts.

These girls are such tramps I tell you.

I remember once on a date, this girl tryed to take me shopping while we went from pub to pub.
    She took me in to Primark to try on some clothes, I felt so ashamed being there, the people in the shop act like greedy animals! clothes all over the place and floor.

She brought a dress for £24,:ahee: and planned to wear it for a party.

I never did call her again, but she did give me a ****

shut up

They go there because they don't want to ripped off??? :facepalm:
    Looking down at them is looking down at the hard work the 3 world kids put in to make it :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I can see your point, but I'd still rather pay a bit more and get something that feels nice to wear. It's like wearing expensive undies, no one can see it (well :sexface:) but it makes you feel good.
    Underwear is an investment though, especially bras :love:

ReputationRep:
    Underwear is an investment though, especially bras :love:
    Haha I'd have to agree on that.

ReputationRep:
    primark's rubbish their no cheaper than H&M but way worse quality. I realise for that price you won't get much but when something better and the same price is a few doors down no thanks

ReputationRep:
    I thought Primark was a cheapy place before, it still is, but lets say I used to buy a trouser for £40-80 elsewhere, I got the same trouser for £10 from Primark and it has lasted me a year. Im not saying all my shopping is done 4rm primark but it certainly helps at times.

But I guess its the way you wear it and your style and presence. People had no idea it was a cheap trouser until I told them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Haha I'd have to agree on that.
    I was particularly bad and went into Ann Summers yesterday... spent #40 on matching bras and knicks x_x They're so comfy though :love:

ReputationRep:
    Primark is amazing and I'm not even ashamed to admit I love it. I buy things from charity shops too, I'm not a clothes snob, and people always ask me where my clothes are from, it's not what you wear it's how your wear it. Plus OP, just because you paid well over what the material is worth doesn't mean it was made in a lovely factory, it just means the company gets more money.

ReputationRep:
    Hilarious. 'Cos I bet you're wandering around the high street in Armarni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK12345)
    clothes all over the place
    Sorry, but what exactly do you want a clothes shop to have "all over the place" if not clothes?
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I was particularly bad and went into Ann Summers yesterday... spent #40 on matching bras and knicks x_x They're so comfy though :love:
    Haha Ann Summers have such lovely sets! I can never get bras for a decent because I'm one of those obscure sizes that tends to get forgotten about by the cruel underwear manufacturing corporations. :unsure:

(Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    Primark is amazing and I'm not even ashamed to admit I love it. I buy things from charity shops too, I'm not a clothes snob, and people always ask me where my clothes are from, it's not what you wear it's how your wear it. Plus OP, just because you paid well over what the material is worth doesn't mean it wasn't made in a lovely factory, it just means the company gets more money.
    :badger: Nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smelly Ellie)
    Primark is amazing and I'm not even ashamed to admit I love it. I buy things from charity shops too, I'm not a clothes snob, and people always ask me where my clothes are from, it's not what you wear it's how your wear it. Plus OP, just because you paid well over what the material is worth doesn't mean it wasn't made in a lovely factory, it just means the company gets more money.
    What's amazing about it? I can understand to some extent just buying some tights or whatever from there, but clothes wise, as well as being dodgy quality, they just don't seem that nice. Wouldn't you rather buy something more expensive that fits better, lasts longer, and looks nicer?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.