Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looking down on girls who carry Primark Watch

ReputationRep:
    i only use primark for things i need and not things i want...like sometimes i need just a simple t-shirt..or vest tops...or granny undies for my time of month...or cheap accessories that i can match up with expensive ones..or tights/leggings...etc...

i would never buy a dress/jeans/coat in there...not even cardigans. just the basic stuff.

i do understand what the OP means with people running around like animals grabbing anything they can get...its quite sad to see. but i mean not everyone is made of money..and if primark is what they can afford then fair play to them. doesnt bother me.

but i feel people are blinded by the prices...cos there are dresses in primark for lik 18ppounds or 20pounds...and you could by a similar one with better quality and shape for 20-25pounds in new look or h and m. so thinnk people should realize pimark is only cheap for somehtings but a rip off for other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    I can see partly where your coming from (thier suits for instance are shapeless baggy things) but there some gems in there. I bought socks from there a year ago and they have been great, no issues with them. I bought a t-shirt there that looks really nice and fits me well.

I like Primarni its serves its purpose

£20 pair of shoes lasted me for over a year and half, £160 pair of cowboy boots and id worn the heels out within four days.

Now piss off you ****. You care so much about labels fine if you have that money to waste then go for it, but do not presume to attack others because they choose not to

Maybe they saw a fool like you and added a 0 to a £16 pound shoe...to make it £160.

Go look at the details of a bench made shoe and look at a standard shoe for £60!
    Go up you child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)

Desperate people for Primark... seriously :facepalm:
    Looks more like the Next sale :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    And people should care for your opinoun...why?

ReputationRep:
    I don't personally shop in primark but I'm
    certainly not sad enough to care where anyone else has shopped. not calling a girl again becaus she shopped in primark. seriously
    sounds like she had a lucky escape!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You know what this is going to seem harsh and im not condoning it, but without primark, these 3rd world kids would have no job at all and would be so much worse off!

The thing about primark is, if it breaks or ruins or goes out of style or you decide you dont like it anymore, you havent spent 50 quid on it, so it doesn't matter as much!

And just for benefits? What about all the STUDENTS on THE STUDENT ROOM? Cos were all rolling in cash here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK12345)
    Yes, I know I sound like a right *****, maybe I am, many have told me.
    But every time I see a girl carrying lots of Primark bags, I put my nose in the air, and look down on them.

Most are greedy want cheap clothes, and don't care about poor kids in 3rd country making them for peanuts.

These girls are such tramps I tell you.

I remember once on a date, this girl tryed to take me shopping while we went from pub to pub.
    She took me in to Primark to try on some clothes, I felt so ashamed being there, the people in the shop act like greedy animals! clothes all over the place and floor.

She brought a dress for £24,:ahee: and planned to wear it for a party.

I never did call her again, but she did give me a ****

Primark is only good for people on benefits other than that, you have no excuse you greedy pigs!

I go to Primark...for fancy dress clothes that I can destroy. It's quite handy for fancy dress actually!

EDIT: And plain tees

ReputationRep:
    It's just clothes, who gives a ****?!

ReputationRep:
    It's not Primark I dislike, it's current cheap fashion. Tights without skirts for example.

The French seem to be able to dress with a bit of style even in winter, so why can't we? I suspect the high street chains are too large.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I didn't know it was possible to pay £24 for a dress in Primark :rofl:
    I have a Primark rule - I never spend more than 10 pounds on one item in there. Works well

ReputationRep:
    you look down on girls who wear primark brand clothes? are primark clothes designed for the shorter woman?

ReputationRep:
    I literally do not have the money to shop anywhere more expensive than H&M. And it's not because I'm greedy, it's because I;m a student. And when I actually have money, I'd rather do something worthwhile with it than spending it on clothes so ***** like you can judge me.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't going anywhere.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.