Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Straight up G)
    Yep similar to Liverpool then, who do your top 9, valuing A/A* as 2 and B as 1

So 6As and 3 Bs is minimum requirement, and 13A*s is the same as 9As and a B (for entry requirement purposes).

The key word being; entry requirement purposes. I'm sure few people get in with grades on, or just surpassing the entry requirements, and I think that it's likely that Bristol do place much more emphasis on GCSEs than the minimum says.
    Don't want to deviate too much more off topic, but Bristol's minimum requirement is A100: Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A/A* to include English Language, Mathematics and two science subjects
    and they say they give credit up to 8 A/A*s - I always took that to mean anything beyond was superfluous? Bit late in the application cycle to be finding this out

To the OP, I do think the standard in terms of reems of academic/EC/work experience is probably a bit higher on TSR simply compared to what I've come across in real life; I've met plenty of candidates just as good as the general standard here, but the weakest (on paper) candidates don't seem to post much and are under-represented.
    I'd echo people up-thread saying that the key difference is how well-informed applicants are on TSR compared to real life IME.

(Original post by chloemo14)
    They only look at your top 8 and value an A and an A* equally - so 8 As and 2Bs is the same as 12 A*s :dontknow:
    Yeah true, a tad unfair tbh.

I hope so...
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.