The Student Room Group

Girls Always Looking

So I drive, go university and work, pretty standard. I have been told that I'm decent looking by a few girls in my life.

Basically when I'm driving around, girls in the roads seem to stare at me for about 1-2 seconds then look away, same when I'm walking around uni, I get the same stares from loads of girls. They look at me in the eyes and then look away. Doesn't happen at work because I am customer service.

I make an effort with my looks, do my hair, wear nice jeans trainers, I do work out now and then to keep a nice frame going. Some people find me attractive I guess, a shopkeeper gave me a free bracelet once while complimenting my looks, very embarrassing at the time (I'm a guy). But I don't like it when girls compliment me, feels kinda awkward.

At first I thought it was girls checking me out, which felt kind of good, but it keeps happening, and they don't show any sort of response after, just look for a tiny bit then look away. If I'm walking with another girl around uni, random girls will look at me, then look at her, then look at me - I don't get what all that's about. Am I constantly getting dirty looks from girls?

Its kinda bugging me now a little bit, happens everywhere. What is the deal with the funny looks?

By the way, I'm generally not interested in the loud and trashy sort of girls you see heavily drunk on Friday/Saturday nights, I don't really go clubbing. I like girls who I can talk to, and who have some sense of decency regarding life.

Scroll to see replies

Looking away in disgust.
Reply 2
You forget to wear pants, happens to the best of us.
Reply 3
get over yourself!
Reply 4
Get a life perhaps and stop worrying about petty things.
Reply 5
You're obviously mental, no one is looking at you.
Reply 6
Maybe there's some food on your face?
Reply 7
don't put too much effort into your looks, most girls I know don't like that. some might think you love yourself too much. doesn't mean you have to start dressing like a tramp but maybe try a little less.
Reply 8
Erm... i guess if it was a few girls i'd say that they must just be checking you out, but if it's like every girl you see... then i don't know, i suppose you could feel complimented. I mean surely there can't be somethnig wrong with you if loads of girls look at you... probably just try not to think about it and be happy that people do looj at you. It happens to my boyfriend too, and that's what i say to him.
pics please. then i'll be the judge. by the sounds of it,you seem like god's gift to women. every girl, everywhere you go admires your good looks. i wanna have a look to, see what all the hype is about.
Reply 10
Ur stylin on them brah, enjoy it.
It's normal..people look at each other if they're walking past. You're obvisouly looking back if you notice them looking. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Pics and I'll tell you.
you most likely just very attractive, not sure why you need a thread to confirm or validate this.
Reply 14
Original post by mirin?
Ur stylin on them brah, enjoy it.

this, haters gonna hate
Original post by Anonymous
So I drive, go university and work, pretty standard. I have been told that I'm decent looking by a few girls in my life.

Basically when I'm driving around, girls in the roads seem to stare at me for about 1-2 seconds then look away, same when I'm walking around uni, I get the same stares from loads of girls. They look at me in the eyes and then look away. Doesn't happen at work because I am customer service.

I make an effort with my looks, do my hair, wear nice jeans trainers, I do work out now and then to keep a nice frame going. Some people find me attractive I guess, a shopkeeper gave me a free bracelet once while complimenting my looks, very embarrassing at the time (I'm a guy). But I don't like it when girls compliment me, feels kinda awkward.

At first I thought it was girls checking me out, which felt kind of good, but it keeps happening, and they don't show any sort of response after, just look for a tiny bit then look away. If I'm walking with another girl around uni, random girls will look at me, then look at her, then look at me - I don't get what all that's about. Am I constantly getting dirty looks from girls?

Its kinda bugging me now a little bit, happens everywhere. What is the deal with the funny looks?

By the way, I'm generally not interested in the loud and trashy sort of girls you see heavily drunk on Friday/Saturday nights, I don't really go clubbing. I like girls who I can talk to, and who have some sense of decency regarding life.

Maybe you got something on your lip?
Reply 16
lucky you man
Having never given you a funny look, I can't say why girls are doing it. Yes perhaps they do find you attractive, but are you surprised they don't run over and say so? If you're happy with the way you look, dress etc then good for you, just take it as a compliment and be pleased they're not looking at you with disgust!
Reply 18
Same thing bro, everywhere I go but even older women in their 40s and Im only 20 :/ lol... but yeah I get all embarrassed when I get compliments from girls. On th other hand, when I'm with my boys I kind of brag a little. Deep down I'm a shy guy; its just a front lol
they're looking and asking themselves if they would do you

Quick Reply