Turn on thread page Beta

Missing my ex a ridiculous amount (long post!) watch

ReputationRep:
    problems sorted now guys, we're now back together (horraaay!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty7)
    My ex broke up with me about a year ago.

Basically, I miss him a lot. He was very funny, sweet, smart, classy and we had an instant connection. I've never enjoyed myself more than when I was with him, and the two and a half years we had together I was the happiest I've ever been. I've never felt the same about anyone since, despite having a new boyfriend now.

Long story why we broke up but here's the gist of it:
    He broke it off because his new friends decided they didn't like me (they talked him into it) and we had been fighting a lot, so his faith in the relationship wasn't strong. We had an off/on relationship until a few months before uni, when it eventually broke off, and I cut all contact, deciding if we weren't together then we wouldn't be friends.

He's with someone else and I'm with someone else, but I really don't like it. Because his dad works at the college I go to, and his sister is in my year, I feel like I can't get away. I have to see them both everyday.

His new girlfriend was his best friend before we even met (the one who told him to break it off with me at the time) so I'm pretty certain they'll be together for years. I have constant flashbacks to the times when we would sit together ect, and I'm missing the relationship and him an awful lot. It's making me very depressed and I don't feel happy at all.

I know it's very unlikely that we won't be together again, and I can't see us being friends. I just wish I could go back in time. How do I make myself feel better and dealing with this?

Sorry guys but I don't know how to spoiler it?
    For starters I wouldn't continue to string along this new guy you're with because as you said you're still not over you're ex, and it's unfair on this new guy if you aren't dedicated to thisnew relationship.

So once you've done that, take some time for yourself. Have a thorough think through everything and get it all out of your head.... Give yourself time to heal and recover before you jump into a new relationship...

ReputationRep:
    I think just like any other relationship you need to give yourself time to get over it, and then keep yourself as busy as possible so you don't have time to dwell. I second the above post, if you feel like you're leading your new guy along then end it. Focus on spending time with your friends, anything to keep your mind off him. You may have to see his family but it's not like you bump in to him every day so this should make it easier for you to move on. Try not to make seeing his family a big deal in your head.

If he breaks up with his girlfriend then you could tell him how you feel, but I think it's best you wait until he's single before you embark on trying to get the relationship back. Unless you know for a fact she caused your break up, in that cause treat the girl how she treated you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty7)
    Hey there, thanks for replying. I'm not sure if it still counts as jumping into a relationship if it's a year after the breakup but thanks anyway, I'm deffo going to take your advice since this guy seems a lot more into me than me into him. Thanks for the advice!
    no worries pm me if you need anymore help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.