Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Exeter , Uni of Manchester or Uni of Birmingham for business and management watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello )
    I have received allmy 5 offers for international business and management - Exeter, University of Birmingham, University of Manchester, Newcastle and Aston university.
    As I don't live in England and I don't have the opportunity to go to the open days, I was wondering if you advise me on where to go. According to the Guardian charts Exeter is 11th for business and management and Birmingham is 15th and manchester - 25th. I'm not sure if I should really base my decision on leagues so I want your help )

ReputationRep:
    Hi I agree that you shouldn't base your opinion primarily on league tables, however they do give you a rough idea of which tier a university belongs to. I have no idea about the rest of your unis so take my opinion with a pinch of salt Exeter uni has improved a lot recently and they're planning to improve existing facilities and build new ones. I've also noticed that a lot of their offers are AAA suggesting that they take really good students so that should give you a hint about their status. Plus from what I heard it's got a lovely campus, one of the best in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elinky)
    Hello )
    I have received allmy 5 offers for international business and management - Exeter, University of Birmingham, University of Manchester, Newcastle and Aston university.
    As I don't live in England and I don't have the opportunity to go to the open days, I was wondering if you advise me on where to go. According to the Guardian charts Exeter is 11th for business and management and Birmingham is 15th and manchester - 25th. I'm not sure if I should really base my decision on leagues so I want your help )

Hi there! I think you should totally go to Exeter! I've heard so much good reviews about them! My friend told me manchester is pretty filthy and overrated though. I've made exeter my choice so I hope you do too!

ReputationRep:
    Where are you living? Exeter University, University of Birmingham, University of Manchester, Newcastle and Aston university are all good universities, it depends
    [*]on the course you are studying [*]where in the UK you want to live[*]your budget[*]overall grades

Send me a message if you require more information

ReputationRep:
    Manchester has the best reputation amongst the unis in your list. It has the better business school too, and has wider and bigger alumni network in the banking and financial industry. It also ranked 3rd in the latest High Fliers survey, which is an awesome feat -- http://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/GMReport11.pdf

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.