Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys not buying one till I've passed my test don't want to. tempt fate ha ha xx

ReputationRep:
    I love my KA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybeany)
    I love my KA.
    Is it a new shape one xx

ReputationRep:
    If you drive sensibly any reasonably new [ie, last 2-3yrs] small car will get you very good mpg, it won't have to be straight out of the factory to get the 'magic' numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salfordfairy)
    Is it a new shape one xx

No but i love it anyway. Took me quite a while to get used to the noise it makes but i love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salfordfairy)
    Ok so my test is due soon and im starting to look at cars. My dad thinks its a good idea to look at a new car as its only £99 a month on hire purchase and he said I should use my £1500 for a deposit as wont have problems with new car. Im 27 so wont have a problem with credit just bit scared if i bang it. Insurance for new car is cheaper and will be more fuel efficent so many pluses and hardly any cons xx :confused::confused:
    I wouldn't get a brand new car if i was you. You'd be better off getting at nearly new one, maybe 6-12 months old with low mileage. New cars lose a lot of value as soon as you drive them off the forecourt, which happens less with nearly new cars. They're still fuel efficient because they aren't that old and you're unlikely to have any more problems than you would a new car. You can still get a warranty with them as well depending where you buy them from.

I also wouldn't recommend getting a car on hire purchase, it isn't the same as just getting one on credit. You can't sell a car you get on hire purchase because it isn't your until you make the very last payment and exercise the option to buy.

tbh The first year or so you're driving i think you'd be better off getting a pre-owned car that's a bit older that way if you have any bumps or scrapes it isn't that much of a big deal and then once you've got your confidence and stuff you can get a new car if you want one.

Brand new cars are seriously overrated IMO

ReputationRep:
    Think the jury is still out but I think I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get new ka lol thanks for opinions

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.