Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i need to get a job if im gonna do a gap year , but i need it to be medical or at least caring based/ showing professionalism in a caring attitude

One of my cousins owns an undertakers and has said if i need it there is a job there for me , now UEA liked that i had done my work experience in an undertakers but i was wondering what u guys reckon other universities would make of it

I really think it takes a caring attitude to work in an undertakers , but its all oppinionated

ReputationRep:
    Could be great if you write about it well on your PS. You still need medical experience though even if it's not paid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllyD27)
    So i need to get a job if im gonna do a gap year , but i need it to be medical or at least caring based/ showing professionalism in a caring attitude

One of my cousins owns an undertakers and has said if i need it there is a job there for me , now UEA liked that i had done my work experience in an undertakers but i was wondering what u guys reckon other universities would make of it

I really think it takes a caring attitude to work in an undertakers , but its all oppinionated
    Would prob be good experience to most unis, but maybe also worth getting some where you interact w patients e.g. care home, nursing home etc, even if it's only for a short period.

If you want to know what other unis think, ask them!

ReputationRep:
    Talking to lots of people about a difficult and emotional subject, sounds perfect.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is a really good job for the year. It will not be one that everyone has on their application and that is good because if you get interviewed and you take about it they will remember you for being different.
    It is hard to communicate with people when they have just lost a loved one. Plus you will have to deal with dead bodies in a respectable way just as you would have to in a hospital so it sounds really good.

You could do this job as your paid job and then do some clinical voluntary stuff once a week (like hospital volunteer or st johns ambulance).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 9, 2011

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.