The Student Room Group

which careers give you the highest social status?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
full time LAD
Reply 41
Oh and nobody has mentioned diplomats, or high level civil servants (permanent secretaries etc).
Reply 42
Original post by n65uk

Original post by n65uk
For this idiotic comment, I hope you do end up a cleaner, frankly.

He is and always will be :troll:
Reply 43
Original post by gilesthewhale
I like this idea. nobody has higher status than the prime minister.

debateable. Wouldn't wanna be in his shoe
Reply 44
Original post by n65uk
For this idiotic comment, I hope you do end up a cleaner, frankly.

lol at all the neg rep for wanting high status in life.
model/actors/musicians/socalite!
Reply 46
I like some of the ideas on this thread, naval officer and civil servant were good suggestions. keep them coming.
DUDE- do u want a bitch slap
Reply 48
lol at all the neg rep for wanting high status in life.

Here, let me correct those typos in your post for you:

"lol at all the neg rep for being a ****"
Reply 49
doctor, lawyer, banker, or something which superficially gives social status like being a television presenter or being a 'celebrity' of some sort.
Reply 50
which careers give you the highest social status? occupation is a big part of someones social status and I am looking for a career which will give me high social staus. suggestions?
I am doing english lit, history of art and history for a level. I will do english lit or history at a prestious univeristy hopefully at oxbridge but if not a uni like bristol or durham.

go to hell you ****ing snob.

neggers: GO **** yourselves. Why do you care about social status and what people think of you?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
Astronaut

I would probably kill someone to be one.

Alas, I am yet to receive that offer
Reply 52
Supermalt producer.
Reply 53
investment bankers are like demi gods. right at the top of our society.

And I will be the GOD!
Original post by infernalcradle
IB, doctor, lawyer in magic circle, accountant in Big 4.....you get the picture....

I wouldn't say that magicians/conjurors have particularly high social status...
Reply 55
Original post by Chocothunder

magic circle law is the top five commercial law firms. just in case you didn't know.
Reply 56
Archangel, prophet, holy virgin etc
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by Chocothunder

Is this a mistake or a cutting witticism? If its the former, what a waste; if its the latter, you lad.
Reply 58
Social status? Well, in the wise words of Blair Waldorf - "Accessorise with gloves; not even a manicure can hide those peasant hands."

Make the connection.
which careers give you the highest social status? occupation is a big part of someones social status and I am looking for a career which will give me high social staus. suggestions?
I am doing english lit, history of art and history for a level. I will do english lit or history at a prestious univeristy hopefully at oxbridge but if not a uni like bristol or durham.

I suggest you study History of Art at St. Andrews; apparently that tends to help one reach the highest social circles. :colone:

More seriously, you're looking at becoming a top judge (hint: train as a barrister) or politician (although that's debatable). It's hard to say, really, as pretty much ever career can lead to you mixing with the upper classes if you do well enough.

I suggest, however, that you study what you wish to study and pursue the career that interests you most. You won't succeed unless you do something that interests you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending