Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Unemployed.

Money for just being yourself. So, by that logic, you must be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Jedi Knight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    Footballer, actor or socialite. Duh.
    Whos in the sig?!

ReputationRep:
    Being King/Queen but I'm pretty sure you need to be born into that and hope you're the oldest of your siblings (or that your siblings 'disappear')

ReputationRep:
    Get Knighted & demand everyone calls you Sir.

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon Professor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gilesthewhale)
    I like this idea. nobody has higher status than the prime minister.
    Judging by some of the comments you've made; if you actually became PM then I feel I would have to assassinate you for the good for country.

Either change your attitude or enjoy people discussing what a **** you are behind your back for the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    those with the highest social status do not have professions as they are independently wealthy... some may dabble in medicine ( or other healthcare professions), the Law etc, others may dabble with a commission or becoming a professional equestrian(ne) but usually out of altruism and to keep them off street corners ... until they inherit the family pile and have to spend their time being independently wealthy..

ReputationRep:
    magic circle law is the top five commercial law firms. just in case you didn't know.
    sense of humour infusion required STAT!

The Magic Circle is also the professional association of magicians and illusionists

http://www.themagiccircle.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    RABBI

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon Trainer

http://www.scottwitkowsky.com/prof/ash.jpg

ReputationRep:
    which careers give you the highest social status? occupation is a big part of someones social status and (1) I am looking for a career which will give me high social staus. suggestions?
    (2)I am doing english lit, history of art and history for a level.(3) I will do english lit or history at a (4)prestious univeristy hopefully at oxbridge but if not a uni like bristol or durham.

So many problems... :rolleyes:
    1) Great criteria right there.

2) Yup, history of art couldn't be MORE loved and respected.

3) Sounds like you already know what you want to study. But neither writers or historians are that high in terms of social status.

4) Uni like bristol or durham? Not good enough for you, then?

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing english lit, history of art and history for a level. I will do english lit or history at a prestious univeristy hopefully at oxbridge but if not a uni like bristol or durham.
    4 pages worth of people having a go at this guy and not one person picked up on the fact that to do english at a 'prestigious' university it is imperative to know that 'prestious' is not actually a word....
    what happened to all the grammar nazis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kareir)
    So many problems... :rolleyes:
    1) Great criteria right there.

2) Yup, history of art couldn't be MORE loved and respected.

3) Sounds like you already know what you want to study. But neither writers or historians are that high in terms of social status.

4) Uni like bristol or durham? Not good enough for you, then?

_Kar.
    To be fair, those aren't exactly vocational degrees. There would be quite a lot of other options open to him after doing history or English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmanoj)
    To be fair, those aren't exactly vocational degrees. There would be quite a lot of other options open to him after doing history or English.
    True. But surely if all you cared about was social status, you'd choose law? Or.. I don't know, quasi-celebrity status?

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know about social status but the people whose jobs I respect the most.

Police
    Firefighters
    Army
    Navy
    RAF
    Teachers
    Careworkers
    Doctors, Nurses etc.

ReputationRep:
    Write a book and become richer than the queen like jk rowling did

ReputationRep:
    Big brother contestant

ReputationRep:
    gynecologist: I had my hand in your wife's foofoo and...I got payed for it :sexface: try topping that.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.