The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official Rosebery thread thing 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Michael XYZ
Just out of curiosity, how do people manage to fit in all the food etc. for 30 people in one fridge (I assume there is only one)?

why would there only be one?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by defuzion
why would there only be one?

Just an assumption that there would be one fridge per kitchen... How many are there then?
Just out of curiosity, how do people manage to fit in all the food etc. for 30 people in one fridge (I assume there is only one)?

By the infallible rule that is 'SHOTGUN', of course.

Permanent markers and brute force.
Reply 124
Just an assumption that there would be one fridge per kitchen... How many are there then?

You're right, there is one full length fridge in each kitchen (or two semis). A lot of people have their own fridge in their room. Means you can do a big shop and not have any of your food stolen/used as weapons in food fights.
Fridge space may be less of a problem this year however, as I expect most people will be using the canteen more (since this year we automatically pay £20 a week there).
Reply 125
When's everyone moving in? Will we be sent an email asking us to confirm our moving in date, or do we simply have to send them an email and tell them?
does anyone know if there is an alternative method for paying the deposit fee (instead of credit cards)??

I've emailed the accomm office but they ll take a few days and I dont want my 7 days to lapse..
Reply 127
Original post by barbaric_viking
does anyone know if there is an alternative method for paying the deposit fee (instead of credit cards)??

I've emailed the accomm office but they ll take a few days and I dont want my 7 days to lapse..

Perhaps you could phone them? Or phone/email Rosebery themselves? (Try the accommo office first)

Accommo office details:

Tel: +44 (0)20 7955 7531
Fax: +44 (0)20 7955 7717
Email: [email protected]

Rosebery details:

Tel: +44 (0)20 7107 5850
Fax: +44 (0)20 7107 5875

Rosebery reception - [email protected]

Front of House Manager: Ms Rosa Gil - [email protected]

Warden: Dr Matt Hall - [email protected]
Reply 128
Original post by seans443
When's everyone moving in? Will we be sent an email asking us to confirm our moving in date, or do we simply have to send them an email and tell them?

Hey, in response to your second question, you may want to contact the Rosebery reception. The default date on the form was 25th sept, but they will be able to tell you what you have put down/if you haven't filled out the form yet. See the post above for contact details.

In response to your first question, most people tend to move in on the default date.
Reply 129
Original post by Hollie -
Hey, in response to your second question, you may want to contact the Rosebery reception. The default date on the form was 25th sept, but they will be able to tell you what you have put down/if you haven't filled out the form yet. See the post above for contact details.

In response to your first question, most people tend to move in on the default date.

Thanks for the help, I'll send them an email now. I imagine I'll probably move in sometime over that 24th/25th weekend.
Reply 130
Thanks for the help, I'll send them an email now. I imagine I'll probably move in sometime over that 24th/25th weekend.

If you log onto your hall pad on the home page there's a little box asking you to confirm your date of arrival. I'm moving in the on the 22nd so I'm still gonna ring to confirm and see if they can give me a room for three extra nights!
Reply 131

Sorry scratch my previous post, go to hallpad, then click on view this application next to your offer, then on the next page is a little box where you type in your move in date :smile:
Reply 132
Original post by evans.d
Sorry scratch my previous post, go to hallpad, then click on view this application next to your offer, then on the next page is a little box where you type in your move in date :smile:

Thanks :biggrin: Are most people just moving in on the official date? (That questions not specifically directed at you, it's for anyone on the thread to answer lol)
Reply 133
I'm moving in on the 25th. And I was wondering, if I was buying a fridge, is this about the right size? http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Mini-Fridges/buy-PROLINE-PMF70A-Mini-Fridge/521418 it's bigger than some, but unlike others you can actually fit multiple things in this.
Original post by englica
I'm moving in on the 25th. And I was wondering, if I was buying a fridge, is this about the right size? http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Mini-Fridges/buy-PROLINE-PMF70A-Mini-Fridge/521418 it's bigger than some, but unlike others you can actually fit multiple things in this.

That's a good size, but be warned. Those little freejees make a helluva racket.
Sorry If I'm echoing a previous post but are most people moving in on the 25th or going a little earlier?

Has anyone got any solid plans for Freshers week... I've seen a few of the events that are happening but if anyone could send me a link to a few more, I'd appreciate it.

Can't wait to move to London....
Reply 136
Original post by Chrisl12345
Sorry If I'm echoing a previous post but are most people moving in on the 25th or going a little earlier?

Has anyone got any solid plans for Freshers week... I've seen a few of the events that are happening but if anyone could send me a link to a few more, I'd appreciate it.

Can't wait to move to London....

Hey,

We are just finalising a Rosebery freshers timetable thingy. Just speaking to all the clubs/promoters at the moment. Finalised plans will be posted to the facebook group so that people can buy tickets/fancy dress beforehand. LSE also run their own orientation timetable so there will be plenty of choice!
Reply 137
Original post by xTazx
That's a good size, but be warned. Those little freejees make a helluva racket.

Very true, but yeah that's the kinda thing people get.

so.much.clubbinghollie = liver poisoning :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending