The Student Room Group

How are you meant to pay maintenance?

Hey guys, long story short I dont know if I will be able to get any loans apart from the tuition loan but I know I will get little to no financial help from my parents.
And I am really unsure as to how im going to fund my self, I will of course be getting a part timer but I dont think I would be able to make enough and keep a high grade :frown:
How do you people fund your maintenance?
And does anyone know how long SF takes to get back to you?
Could you provide more information as to why you think you're only entitled to one type of loan? When there are restrictions on support, it's usually the tuition fee loan you can't get. Almost everyone is entitled to a maintenance loan in some form.

Unless you're an EU student, in which case you would only be entitled to tuition fee support. If that's the case, unfortunately it's tough luck. Sorry.

How long SFE takes depends on the processing times, the complexity of your case and whether you've provided the right evidence. Within 6 weeks is a general figure though.

Kind regards
Reply 2
Wel I rang them up and they said that im in a gray area as im a british national however havent been here for all 3 years previous to the start of the course, so they suggested to send it in as a home student and to hope, but knowing my luck i wont get it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending