(Original post by Ears)
    Thank you very much
    Your Welcome, Hope They Help!

Majid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestfriends33)
    Thank you soooooo much!
    They are very useful..
    Do you have any on Physics - Additional Science by any chance?
    Yes I Do!!

Ideas In Context Additional Science P4 - Rocket Science

Useful Relationships:-

Speed = Distance/Time ( / = Divided (In case

Change in momentum = Resultant force x time for which it acts

Momentum = mass x velocity

Work done by a force = force x distance moved by the force

Change in energy = work done

Change in GPE = Weight x Vertical height difference
    Kinectic Energy = 1/2 x mass x (velocity)2 (Velocity squared!)

(Just to let you know P4 is probably the worst topic i've done and my physics teacher is 100% sure at least 3 working out questions will come up reagarding the three graphs in the article, so please learn them all so the stupid exam doesn't catch you out !

Questions:

Use the article to work out these questions!

1. Calculate the GPE of the rocket at 20s
    2. Why will the GPE practice be less than the answer to question 1?
    3. Calculate the maximum speed of the rocket
    4. If the rocket burns 10N of fuel per second, estimate the mass of the rocket without fuel.
    5. Explain why the air resistance changes at 6s
    6. Calculate the acceleration of the rocket
    7. Calculate the kinetic energy of the rocket at 10s assuming the weight of the rocket to be 90N
    8. Why is the assumption maded in question 7 incorrect? How will this change the kinetic energy?
    9. Calculate the work done by the rocket at 10s
    10. Calculate the rocket at 5s.
    11. Explain the energy changes taking place at:

T = 0s, T = 2s, T = 6s, T = 10s, T = 27.5s

12. Explain what you think will happen to the motion of the rocket in the next half of it's journey?
    13. Explain how the thrust of the rocket engine produces forward motion
    14. Draw a labelled force diagram of the rocket at:

T = 0s, T = 5s, T = 10s

15. Calculate the momentum of the rocket at 10s
    16. Why will the actual momentum be lost?
    17. Estimate the total time of flight of the rocket assuming the parachute didn't open
    18. Draw a height time graph for the rest of the rockets journey.
    19. If the parachute had opened how would this change the rockets time of flight?
    20. Calculate the speed of the rocket would hit the ground if the parachute had failed.
    21. A new rocket was used for a second experiment, it used the same engine and fuel as the previous experiment but had less mass. How would this change the maximum height of the flight?

Things to remember while answering these questions:

This questions here are the info they've given in the article so use this for close reference!!

-What the weight of the rocket is? (Is it a big or small rocket!)
    -The mass of the rocket?
    -The maximum altitude of the rocket that it reacher is?
    -The maximum force (thrust) produced by the rocket engine is?
    -The maximum air resistance is?
    -The rocket ran out of fuel after?

*What effect will these forces have on the rocket? (Extension questions)

What will happen to the rockets motion in the following situations?

1. Force of thrust is greater than the rockets weight ................................ .....................
    2. Force of thrust is less than the rockets weight:

- The rocket could........................... ......................
    - Or the rocket could........................... .....................

3. Force of thrust and gravity are equal:

-The rocket could........................... ........................
    -Or the rocket could........................... .....................

*Answer all these questions and your guaranteed an A*

Good Luck!!

Majid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the don)
    Hi can you please explain to me how i got 50/50 and 49/50 on both modules? when i knew i got atleast 2 or 3 questions wrong? thank u
    haha that happened to me aswell. I knew I got like 2 questions wrong on my b4,c4,p4 exam and I ended up with 50/50 UMS. The thing here is UMS marks are different from raw marks. For example, if you go on the ocr site and look at the thresholds, it's like 32/42 for an a* - which means 45/50 UMS. get it? the actual exam is out of 42, but they change it to 50 after calculating ums. One year, it was like 28/42 for 45/50 ums :eek: it really depends on how badly or how well the students across the country did. This year's exam was kinda hard (according to my friends) which is why it seemed weird when you found out you got 50/50...
    anyways I'm not surprised you got into woodhouse aswell, cya next year ;] (if you dont turn them down lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ears)
    Nope
    It's for the additional science ideas in context
    No problem, good luck with ur exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayurforlife)
    they all seem soo hard, if u can, can u plz try to post the questions they would be quite helpful
    Yeah sure:
    Triple bio – anti wrinkle cream.

1 What may be the effect of sunlight on skin in relation to the development of wrinkles.?
    2 Give 2 reasons why a person may be skeptical about purchasing the antiwrikle cream.
    3 What factors may make the tests regarding the effectiveness of antiwrinkle cream unreliable.
    4 The repair of the skin is due to mitosis. Explain the stages that occur during this cell devision.
    5 Explain how proteins in the skin are produced. (Protein synthesis - based on the triplet code).
    6 Consider questions related to clinical trials, ethical issues etc.

1. What is the placebo effect and why would a doctor use it?
    2. What kinds of clinical trial would be most effective for this study?
    3. Outline a possible method that the professor may have used
    4. Why is the claim “the cream is twice as good” not a reliable statement?
    5. Explain why the inclusion of the study in a medical journal makes the scientific study more reliable
    6. How will the skin appear wrinkle free as a result of fibrillin making it more elastic
    7. What evidence is there that Wendy misinterpreted data?
    8. Explain the difference in terms of reliability between a correlation alone and a correlation with a causal link
    9. Discuss the ethical implications of beauty product testing/drug testing
    10. Suggest ways in which this study could be made more reliable
    11. Explain the stages of testing a drug and the benefits and reasons for each stage
    12. Why might people volunteer to take part in clinical studies
    13. Describe the different types of clinical trial
    14. Why is animal testing an important stage when testing a new product?
    15. What other factors would affect the outcome of this cream’s effectiveness?
    16. Give an example of a correlation and a causal link
    17. By what mechanism does the body normally produce fibrillin?

Hope that helps everyone, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sokka)
    haha that happened to me aswell. I knew I got like 2 questions wrong on my b4,c4,p4 exam and I ended up with 50/50 UMS. The thing here is UMS marks are different from raw marks. For example, if you go on the ocr site and look at the thresholds, it's like 32/42 for an a* - which means 45/50 UMS. get it? the actual exam is out of 42, but they change it to 50 after calculating ums. One year, it was like 28/42 for 45/50 ums :eek: it really depends on how badly or how well the students across the country did. This year's exam was kinda hard (according to my friends) which is why it seemed weird when you found out you got 50/50...
    anyways I'm not surprised you got into woodhouse aswell, cya next year ;] (if you dont turn them down lol)
    Oh no, so basically i did ****
    I was really chuffed with myself llol, but my whole set literally got A*s and a few A's except on failure who got a B or C and had to drop chemistry lol, we complained about that by the way, completely out of order.

I don't know why people are making such a big fuss about woodhouse.
    I applied months late, they said that they woulf give me an interview, i just chilled out in the interview and got a place, simple as.

But i really want to go to this other grammar but i haven't heard from them, we hear after easter. So hopefully i will get in. But i have accepted Woodhouse incase, but will turn it down if i get an offer at this place, so someone else coud have my place.

Do you want to go to Woodhouse? where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone...I do triple science too, and all we got so far is the Chemistry pre-release article on Lithium-ion batteries, named 'Bolivian Bonanza.' I don't really understand it What are we trying to look for in the article? LOL I'm so clueless I'm not looking forward to the C7 and P7 exams...they're just so hard! Anyone doing re-takes for triple?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, so basically i did ****
    I was really chuffed with myself llol, but my whole set literally got A*s and a few A's except on failure who got a B or C and had to drop chemistry lol, we complained about that by the way, completely out of order.

I don't know why people are making such a big fuss about woodhouse.
    I applied months late, they said that they woulf give me an interview, i just chilled out in the interview and got a place, simple as.

But i really want to go to this other grammar but i haven't heard from them, we hear after easter. So hopefully i will get in. But i have accepted Woodhouse incase, but will turn it down if i get an offer at this place, so someone else coud have my place.

Do you want to go to Woodhouse? where else did you apply?
    A c grade might be considered failure but I don't see why they should drop chemistry if they got a b lol. I don't see the big deal about Woodhouse too :confused: I didn't even try, I mean I applied early but just went to the interview spontaneously and answered the questions I want to go Woodhouse coz I heard it's got a really good working atmosphere, but I also applied to christ college, east barnet sixth form, stanmore and mill hill. I really want to go east barnet sixth form but it seems stupid to turn down woodhouse when i've been offered a place. we'll see.. good luck in getting in to that grammar school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sokka)
    A c grade might be considered failure but I don't see why they should drop chemistry if they got a b lol. I don't see the big deal about Woodhouse too :confused: I didn't even try, I mean I applied early but just went to the interview spontaneously and answered the questions I want to go Woodhouse coz I heard it's got a really good working atmosphere, but I also applied to christ college, east barnet sixth form, stanmore and mill hill. I really want to go east barnet sixth form but it seems stupid to turn down woodhouse when i've been offered a place. we'll see.. good luck in getting in to that grammar school

Yeah i know lol. You know loads of people with straight A*s and A's were rejected, so i would take it if i were your becuase its better than all he other ones you applied + theres a smoking area lol

What are you predicted? and have you noticed that for science modules, Revision the night before will guarantee you an A* Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambi :))
    Yeah sure:
    Triple bio – anti wrinkle cream.

1 What may be the effect of sunlight on skin in relation to the development of wrinkles.?
    2 Give 2 reasons why a person may be skeptical about purchasing the antiwrikle cream.
    3 What factors may make the tests regarding the effectiveness of antiwrinkle cream unreliable.
    4 The repair of the skin is due to mitosis. Explain the stages that occur during this cell devision.
    5 Explain how proteins in the skin are produced. (Protein synthesis - based on the triplet code).
    6 Consider questions related to clinical trials, ethical issues etc.

1. What is the placebo effect and why would a doctor use it?
    2. What kinds of clinical trial would be most effective for this study?
    3. Outline a possible method that the professor may have used
    4. Why is the claim “the cream is twice as good” not a reliable statement?
    5. Explain why the inclusion of the study in a medical journal makes the scientific study more reliable
    6. How will the skin appear wrinkle free as a result of fibrillin making it more elastic
    7. What evidence is there that Wendy misinterpreted data?
    8. Explain the difference in terms of reliability between a correlation alone and a correlation with a causal link
    9. Discuss the ethical implications of beauty product testing/drug testing
    10. Suggest ways in which this study could be made more reliable
    11. Explain the stages of testing a drug and the benefits and reasons for each stage
    12. Why might people volunteer to take part in clinical studies
    13. Describe the different types of clinical trial
    14. Why is animal testing an important stage when testing a new product?
    15. What other factors would affect the outcome of this cream’s effectiveness?
    16. Give an example of a correlation and a causal link
    17. By what mechanism does the body normally produce fibrillin?

Hope that helps everyone, good luck!
    hey thx lot for these questions, they would help me a lot, if u can can u also try to provide the question for c7 about the lithium ions nd for p7 about racing cars
    thx
    soz to bother u this much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayurforlife)
    hey thx lot for these questions, they would help me a lot, if u can can u also try to provide the question for c7 about the lithium ions nd for p7 about racing cars
    thx
    soz to bother u this much
    Hey, no problem. Yeah I will once I make some up but I haven't really gone through those yet. I'll post them on this thread once I do though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbrowneyes)
    I was wondering are these the questions that are going to come up in the b7 exam or have they already come up?
    They're the questions that could come up about the Triple Biology Ideas in Context paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Menakshelatte)
    do we have the same paper for chemistry?? mines called "Bolivian Bonanza"
    Yeah I just read it and it's that one! I'm thinking they'll definitely ask about the reactivity of groups and what the benefits of lithium batteries are over the old ones. Have you got any questions made up? I posted bio ones but I don't have ones for chem or physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan9035)
    I've Got Chemistry Ones They're:

Copper - Not Just In Mobile Phones

*Note - This Article Comes From C5 - Chemicals Of The Atmosphere!! *

1. Where do all metals come from - which sphere?#
    2.What is the RAM of 4g of Copper?
    3.Give two properties of lithium
    4.What is the proton number of aluminium?
    5.What type of energy is in a battery?
    6.What types of metals are iron and zinc?
    7.What is meant by the word components?
    8.What is meant by the word extracted?
    9.What is an ore?
    10.What percentage of copper ore is pure copper mineral?
    11.Which issues have to be considered before metals can be extracted from ores?
    12.Why is carbon used to extract minerals?
    13.What is electrolysis and how does it work?
    14.Why has the price of copper "rocketed up"?
    15.How much did copper cost in 2003?
    16.What do you think might be a problem with mining ores with lower percentages of copper in them?
    17.What is an open cast mine?
    18.Apart from noise, dust and traffic problems, what other problems does copper mining produce?
    19.How do mining companies try to address people's concerns?
    20.What other environmental problems do you think mining can cause?
    21.What is the same about both methods of processing copper?
    22.How is this an environmental problem?
    23.What does the term blister mean?
    24.What is the RFM of copper pyrites?
    25.What are the disadvantages of the blister process?
    26.What is meant by the words "Iron ****"? (No that isn't the rude word haha )
    27.What does the word oxidised mean?
    28.What does the word reduction mean?
    29.What is the RFM of Malachite?
    30.What does the word purified mean?
    31.Why is copper used in mobile phones? (Really important question this is referencing the article so i'd make sure i knw this!!!)
    32.What does "Malleability" mean?
    33.What property do you think makes copper good for jewellery?

*I Got these questions when i attended a revision class in school i have questions for B6 - Brain and Mind and P4 - Rocket Science*

*Anyone doing the core ideas in context and want some questions for it just reply back to this and i will upload all my revision resources to help you all out there *

*BTW Answer all these correct and your guaranteed not an A but an A*

Majid
    I really appreciate all this, but could put up some answers please?

ReputationRep:
    Hey could some one please post up the answers to B7 and C7 possible questions as I will have to Google all the answers otherwise :/

Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Organic Foods, Methane In Ice and Pump Head Syndrome?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, can i have help on the calculations on C7, i haven't payed attention all year and also with B7 diagramsn, a quick explanation any1?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, can i have help on the calculations on C7, i haven't payed attention all year and also with B7 diagramsn, a quick explanation any1?
    LOL I agree!

ReputationRep:
    *Anyone doing the core ideas in context and want some questions for it just reply back to this and i will upload all my revision resources to help you all out there **I Got these questions when i attended a revision class in school i have questions for B6 - Brain and Mind and P4 - Rocket Science*

please send me the B6 - Brain and Mind and P4 - Rocket Science and any other helpful revision materials : )
    i failed on my c/w ;( so i need to get straight A's for everything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ears)
    P4 Questions:
    1) Write definitions for:
    -Kinetic Energy
    -Resultant force
    -Momentum
    -Friction
    -Velocity

2) How does the Gravitational Potential Energy change as the rocket lifts off?

3) How long does it take for the resistance to get to 0?

4) What is the height of the rocket after.. a) 5s b) 15s c)25s?

5)Explain how the thrust changes with time.

6) It takes a lot of fuel to launch a space craft. Explain why very little fuel would be needed once the spacecraft has left the earths atmosphere.

7) When a rocket is travelling in space, there is no air. How does this affect the drag?

8) Calculate the GPE of the rocket 20 seconds after take off

9) Work out the change in momentum at 5 seconds after lift off

10) Draw arrows on the drawing of the rocket to show all the forces in action. (Think about sizes, direction etc)

11) Sketch a speed/time graph for the rocket.

B5

1) Which parts of the body make up the Central nervous system?

2) What is the Peripheral nervous system?

3) What is the sensory memory store?

4) Explain how rehearsal facilitates information transfer from short term memory to long term.

5) Do long term memory and short term work together in the brain?

6) Explain how a neurone is adapted to its function

7) What is serotonin and why is it necessary for survival?

8) What is the gap between neurones called and explain how neurones travel across it.

9) What must be done to increase the reliability of Prof Yanker's conclusion?

10) Explain two ways scientists can study and find out information about the brain.

11) Explain why it is harder for older people to learn new things.

12) What effect does Alzheimers have on memory?

I hope these help guys! I havent been given any for chemistry yet, I'll get those after half-term. If you can answer all these, you'll get an A for sure.
    Hi
    Please can i have the answers too xx
    thanx
    Tinah

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.