Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

LSBU labelled as Britain's worst uni by Metro watch

ReputationRep:
    are they allowed to do this?

ReputationRep:
    No. Don't worry, I've called the police; they're on their way.

ReputationRep:
    Freedom of the press.

Which is especially applicable when they tell the truth, as in this case.

(Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    are they allowed to do this?
    Really? Source?

(Was expecting London met tbh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Really? Source?

(Was expecting London met tbh)
    London met is probably second

ReputationRep:
    Metro labelled as Britain's worst newspaper by me

LSBU isn't nearly as bad as everyone portrays it.

ReputationRep:
    lol Why would it be illegal?

ReputationRep:
    In the long run the country would be better served by knocking the place down and replacing it with a duck pond.

ReputationRep:
    Surely, LSBU is better than UEL.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, the metro quoted the Times who labelled LSBU as Britain's worst uni.

Please read the entire article.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    Actually, the metro quoted the Times who labelled LSBU as Britain's worst uni.

Please read the entire article.

True, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am a student at London South Bank University and at first I was shocked with the article in the Metro. A few moments later I remembered that Metro is a sensationalist tabloid publishing low level journalism so I shouldn't even be surprised with their article.

I am in my first year and have no complaints at all. We (students) have great teachers, very well equipped workshops, a massive library, large number of computers and printers available. In fact I can't think of anything I need that isn't available.

Personally I prefer not reading papers on the level of Metro or Evening Standard. These papers are as good as litter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    In the long run the country would be better served by knocking the place down and replacing it with a duck pond.
    Well someone has to suffer the fate of being ranked last, right?

ReputationRep:
    It was the Times GUG that did the rating, BBC News covered the story in much the same way but didn't name the Times and so could only say "one of the worst", I think because it'd be unfair to assume that the Times is better at ranking than the Guardian (even if it is)

I think someone above mentioned London Met? Things might have changed but last time I checked LM didn't declare certain stats and wouldn't let the league tables rate them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricciolini)
    I am a student at London South Bank University and at first I was shocked with the article in the Metro. A few moments later I remembered that Metro is a sensationalist tabloid publishing low level journalism so I shouldn't even be surprised with their article.

I am in my first year and have no complaints at all. We (students) have great teachers, very well equipped workshops, a massive library, large number of computers and printers available. In fact I can't think of anything I need that isn't available.

Personally I prefer not reading papers on the level of Metro or Evening Standard. These papers are as good as litter.
    Are you LSBU's VC, per chance?

ReputationRep:
    Along with it' neighbour KCL

ReputationRep:
    not suprised.....

although did almost start laughing when I saw an advert that said

Me, a flying start and LSBU.....and then went on to talk about how if you went to LSBU you'd be able to go right into your dream career etc....

and I'd always thought blatant lying on adverts was illegal.....:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricciolini)

so how much are you being paid to write this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    I'd personally prefer a park.....

or a sports centre.....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.