Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

well im 15 years old and i used to self harm.. though ive only recently stopped. tbh its not even that serious compared to some others but im now left with really noticeable scars on my arms and stomach. and so ive been trying to not self harm anymore because im fed up of tryin to hide them especially seen as its coming up to summer soon.
    nobody knows anything about it, but i can't see how im guna be able to hide it from my mates for much longer. tbh i kinda want to tell them just so that it's all out there and i won't have to hide anymore. but i really don't want my parents to find out.

I don't know how to tell my friends though, i don't want things to be awkward.. but i think it's only gunna be another week before i have to tell them seen as though im goin to a party and having to wear a dress. Does anyone have any advice about this? and what can i use to help reduce the redness and for my scars to fade quicker?

if i was you, i would tell one of your friends who you know you can trust and will be sympathetic about the situation. i think it'd be easier to tell the rest of your friends if you have someone by your side who knows what's been going on. how many people are going to this party/how many people are you going to tell?
    on a more practical note, i think there are special foundations you can buy to lessen the appearance of scars - and i hear bio-oil is quite effective too? and maybe you could wear a light cardigan or something if you don't feel ready to tell your friends.

all the best!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2011
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.