Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pretty sure I'm falling for my best friend.. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    it makes me think that he doesn't envision me being his girlfriend
    'I don't want to lose you to another girl' is very ambiguous and suggests your acknowledgement of the idea of him with other girls, and moreover your acceptance of it. You can't expect a clear answer when you've said something as ambiguous as that - of course he wasn't going to say 'I want that girl to be you', unless he has got serious balls. This will sound very cheesy, but next time you have one of those moments where you could kiss, look him in the eye, then lower your gaze to his mouth, then look into his eyes again. Or stroke his hair, or put your arm round his waist. Or just kiss him.

ReputationRep:
    See he's her lobster! ...

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping it was girl on girl. Disappointed.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know if the feeling is reciprocated, obviously my thoughts are going to be biased - wishful thinking. I don't know what behaviour crosses the line from best friends to more. Some times we cuddle for hours and it gets touchy feely, we end up holding hands and he rests his hands wherever, like on my thighs. We play fight/tackle but I would think that this is pretty standard? Some times it gets to the point where we are about to kiss one another but neither of us leans forward first.. if you get what i mean.

I want to come out and admit that i like him but how do I do it tactfully? I keep hinting, I say lame things like "I never want to lose you [to another girl]" and he'll say "you won't. when i get a gf, you'll still be in my life" and this makes me re think whether he likes me?

but he's the kind of guy who doesn't believe that a girl can truly like him. He's that shy guy. you know what i mean..
    I can relate a fair bit to this, i pretty much loved one of my bestfriends, the other one of my bestfriends happens to be her ex boyfreind who is also a bit on the mental side. A massively long story short things went BADLY.

But your situation is a bit different, and i understand the feeling you get with someone that close to you. So my advice is to go for it, but approach with caution make sure you think he is mature enough to deal with it if how you feeling isn't reciprocated. And also think about the people around the two of you, they can have a massive effect sometimes...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.