Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi guys

I am due to study pharmacy at kingston this year. it takes me 2 hours to get there though and i am just wondering how many days a week would i have to go in? some people say 3 to max 4 days, some people say 5 days a week. any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I wouldn't do that if I were you.....move closer or stay in res. I am currently in a similar situation and would not recommend that! That's 4 hours a day that can be spent in revising or doing something else!!!!!! Any how, that's my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    I think I could revise in the train. I cant really move due to personal reasons. just really need to know if its 5 days a week or less. come on guysss

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at Kingston and it might depend on the uni but in first year I was in 5 days a week. A couple of them were 9-5 as well although some days I was only in for an hour or two. Really annoying when you commute. I've had less contact hours in second and third year but I'd still say I'm very rarely in less than 4 days a week. Sorry. It is tempting not to go in on those days when you only have one lecture but you have to be careful because you end up missing a lot without realising.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you studying? Ive heard that Pharmacy at Keele uni is 5 days a week, but dont know what about kingston.
    I was thinking about transfering somewhere closer after 1 year (or after first semester if thats possible), but i dont know if it would mean that I have to pay more (the tuition fees are going up in 2012/2013).

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Strathclyde. I think most, if not all, unis will want you in quite a lot. There's a lot to learn and you'll have labs, workshops etc. Transferring sounds like a better option than spending 4 hours a day travelling but I don't know how it would work especially with the fees. The best thing to do is probably ring the admissions department of the uni you're looking to transfer to.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at Kingston but since the course is fairly standardized I imagine it will be quite similar everywhere. I'm at UEA and I'm never in less than 4 days a week, the timetable varies through the year but I would hazard a guess and say I have 5 days a week about 70% of the time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.