Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Information removed by Silverwing.

ReputationRep:
    Buy maths watch CD....very helpful in explaining A-A* grades that you are aiming for. as for your coursework in my opinion do it all then start exam revision so your head is clear...especially when revising maths.lol

ReputationRep:
    Use youtube for revsion and stop making silly mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'll be sure to try both ways + in math for us it is all exam, no coursework whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    Go see your teacher or invest in a proper pivate tutor who knows what they are doing and doesnt explain stuff as though it is rocket science. Im in the same position as you and the latter definitely helps

ReputationRep:
    Get a CGP Math revision guide.
    Read it back to front, upside down, inside out, make it so that you can talk maths whilst sleeping, memorize the *****.
    Do past papers. Always do working there are always marks for working.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you don't have a clue how to do something, try to put down any old random stuff you can think of for the question. There'll always be marks if you get some correct working (even by accident) and who knows, you might stumble across the answer

ReputationRep:
    chill it's not hard

ReputationRep:
    no dont bother with CDs, revision guides etcccc maths is a subject which reply's upon practice... the more you do maths, the better you get. I got an A* in maths GCSE which was without cwrk only by doing loads of pp! it really works... you need to get EVERY SINGLE QUESTION in a past paper correct... if you get it wrong then do it again and again until you don't get it right! dont waste money... doing past questions is the best! good luck! practice makes PERFECT! (well :P)

ReputationRep:
    Past papers are the best! If you've finished the ones you have find some more! There are practice papers etc. The best way to get good at maths is to practice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    Get a CGP Math revision guide.
    Read it back to front, upside down, inside out, make it so that you can talk maths whilst sleeping, memorize the *****.
    Do past papers. Always do working there are always marks for working.
    Thanks all!

I've done a lot of past papers so far, but I just don't feel as if I am improving much, I always seem to be on the B/A boundary. I'm actually planning on ordering one, I've looked through one of my friend's and it looks to be quite helpful. I've already got a revision guide and though I find it useful for some things, I find that for other topics it doesn't really help.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 7, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.