Turn on thread page Beta

How would person X feel if he/she were in that situation? watch

ReputationRep:
    Imagine X is in a midlife crisis and goes to a city with over 60% of the population aged under 24. How he/she would feel there? Depressed or delighted?
    What do you think?
    Maybe the answer depends on the person, so i'll make the question more personal.. How would you feel?

ReputationRep:
    I can't ever imagine myself as sexless so I cannot comment.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, maybe this wasn't the right expression, i'm editting : )

ReputationRep:
    I think it would depend on whether that person is attractive or not... don't you agree? If they aren't and they don't find any attractive people to hang out with/date, then they might be depressed. If they are attractive and they find people, they would most likely recover a lot faster and feel better about themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    I think it would depend on whether that person is attractive or not... don't you agree? If they aren't and they don't find any attractive people to hang out with/date, then they might be depressed. If they are attractive and they find people, they would most likely recover a lot faster and feel better about themselves.
    But this person is just observing.. he's walking among the young happy beautiful people without having any contact with them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerivta)
    But this person is just observing.. he's walking among the young happy beautiful people without having any contact with them..
    Oh ok, missed that. Well.... I would think that the person would compare where they are in life with where those peiple seem to be going. If he or she isn't happy with their live (not just because of the mid life crisis) then watching young, happy people live theirs will bring sadness.

However if they are comfortable with life and just having this crisis as a sudden burst of sadness and a need to fulfill themselves, they might be inspired by those people and reminded of their time of youth... it might give them the energy to overcome this.

ReputationRep:
    I feel as if he/she deserved a better name than 'X'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    Oh ok, missed that. Well.... I would think that the person would compare where they are in life with where those peiple seem to be going. If he or she isn't happy with their live (not just because of the mid life crisis) then watching young, happy people live theirs will bring sadness.

However if they are comfortable with life and just having this crisis as a sudden burst of sadness and a need to fulfill themselves, they might be inspired by those people and reminded of their time of youth... it might give them the energy to overcome this.
    Yes i agree it depends, so i am asking about you... i guess you're not that old however, can you make it more personal?

(Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    I feel as if he/she deserved a better name than 'X'
    Ok, tell me one and i'll change it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerivta)
    Yes i agree it depends, so i am asking about you... i guess you're not that old however, can you make it more personal?

Ok, tell me one and i'll change it
    Haha ah, well no I'm only 19 so I'm mostly assuming here, going by what I already know of course.

Well in 20 or so years I see myself living a comfortable life, nothing extravagant but I'm not looking for that kind of job.

In an idea world and let's say I do have this comfortable life with a wife and maybe a kid or two, I would probably.... miss being young, just a little though. To have that care-free ignorance and happiness that comes with it is something I miss having.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.