The Student Room Group

Can't get earring out :(

Sooo I got my earlobes pierced about 6 weeks ago. I was going to change the earrings, and one of them comes off really easy, but the other one just doesn't :frown: It has a ball on the back which is supposed to screw on and off, and it's not stuck to my ear or anything 'cause i can move it fine.
I've tried putting really hot salty water on it because I read that can help, and I've fiddled with it endlessly, but it won't budge :confused:
Any ideas appreciated! :colondollar:
Reply 1
take this

and rip the ball out :smile: lol seriously take it out with force
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
So the earring isn't stuck to your ear, but is stuck to itself?
Reply 3
If it was done with a gun & you have a butterfly back, they don't screw off, you just pull them - usually the starter studs are very stiff though. Getting someone else to help might be the best bet. You might want to wait a little longer though as although most places like Claire's say you'll be healed in 6 weeks, it does tend to take longer, especially for gunned piercings.

If it was done properly, with a needle and a barbell/labret, then the ball should screw off - use latex gloves to help you grip (or sometimes just a bit of kitchen towel can help) and make sure you're turning it the right way!

Go back to your piercer if you're really struggling though, or you'll just end up irritating your piercings.
Reply 4
Yeah it was a needle, not a gun in Claire's.
Latex gloves is a shout. If not I'll maybe resort to Djordje's suggestion :P
Reply 5
Latex gloves have always helped me! I also tend to find that either doing a hot soak or having a shower then running my nail around the join of the barbell/ball can help, in case there's any crusties stuck there (lovely, I know!).

Don't try too much at once though, if it's not budging then leave it and try the next day, rather than making your piercing sore. It should loosen up eventually.

Quick Reply

Latest