This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Did anyone see this tonight on the BBC?

I am AMAZED that people still fall for the pyramid scam (or variations of), anyone with the slightest amount of brains can work out that the maths are impossible:

Assuming that you need 8 people to start it with 8 people each being used at each level this is how it would evolve:

thus you could go through the population of a small town in just three or four levels, just to further enhance my point lets continue:

I am really sorry if anyone knows someone that has fallen for this but basic maths tell us that it is simply not possible. They also tell us that 88% of people who invest their cash will eventually loose out.

If you are know anyone who is thinking about investing in anything trading under the name of something like:

Women emporering women.
The financial circle.
The hearts scheme.

Tell them not to - the chances are they will come out worse.
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i really cant see how anyone would be silly enough to fall for it! the promise of quick and easy cash I guess.
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i watched the show, i was a disappointed they didnt humiliate the scammers more though, although i suppose its enough to say, yep we know about you, and now so do all the people watching, some million or so i should think
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
i really cant see how anyone would be silly enough to fall for it! the promise of quick and easy cash I guess.
Well it's true, you do make a quick buck if you are one of the 12%. That's the risk. Fact is though, that the 12% usually encompasses friends of the starter of the scheme, hence the 88% are unsuspecting fools
J
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
check out themobilematrix (google it). its a pyramid scheme wid a twist so its entirely legal. v clever. if u r lucky enough to stumble on a pyramid scheme at its beginnings, ur actually likely to make a lot of money.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I would be VERY surpirsed if the radio presenter that was fronting the Wembley scam finds it very difficult to find work from now on, does anyone know if she is in a job at the moment?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads