Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Half Man Half Biscuit Watch

ReputationRep:
    Will be in London on 17th June, so I thought they deserved their own thread.

ReputationRep:
    YES
    YESYESYES!

In the words of the late, great John Peel- HMHB are "a national treasure. When I die I want to be buried with them".
    Hopefully the new album should appear soon, they played some new songs on a 6music session in August so should be finishing off sometime around now.
    You going to the Leicester gig?

A random selection of tracks for the uninitiated (nb. knowledge of obscure lower league English football players and 80s daytime TV is essential to appreciate the genius of the majority of their lyrics):

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Christ I hate Ricky Gervais.

ReputationRep:
    I can't be the only person that saw the thread title, and tried to imagine what on earth a 'half man half biscuit' person would look like can I?

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping this was a superhero who was half custard cream half man .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Hill)
    I can't be the only person that saw the thread title, and tried to imagine what on earth a 'half man half biscuit' person would look like can I?
    lol, join the club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majikthise)
    Christ I hate Ricky Gervais.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    I am a mix of disapointment and anger.... Ahhhh the title held so much promise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSenrine)
    Why?
    All of his humour is derived from the more talented comedians sharing "his" show (despite them taking the back seat), with him taking the credit.

Plus he's infuriating in a non-endearing manner.

Plus (most importantly) he doesn't know who HMHB are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L-J-B)
    I am a mix of disapointment and anger.... Ahhhh the title held so much promise!
    Just you wait until you listen to a full album.

ReputationRep:
    Oh really?..

ReputationRep:
    I did not know this was a man, and was imagining this was about some human-biscuit mutant thing..
    I'm not sure if I'm disappointed or relieved..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majikthise)
    Just you wait until you listen to a full album.
    Back in the DHSS I'd recommend.

ReputationRep:
    Only 8 days to go.

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting a real biscuit man too

Maybe one day, if it's true that you are what you eat...

ReputationRep:
    Quality. Dukla Prague away strip. I was there the night Dean Friedman joined them on stage, and did a song about them in retort to their song about him, at The Robin in Bilston.

Supercalifragilistic Borussia Munchen Gladbach

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who can come up with an album title like "Trouble Over Bridgewater" is OK by me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogso)
    Quality. Dukla Prague away strip. I was there the night Dean Friedman joined them on stage, and did a song about them in retort to their song about him, at The Robin in Bilston.

Jealous!

The recentish Leicester gig was fairly good, still no word on new album release date though (Nigel declined to answer when I shouted out re: this).

6 and a bit days to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogso)

They were execllent. Did the Dean Friedman song, the Fred Titmus one (RIP to Fred), the Dukla Prague one, and even Vatican Broadside. Many others I never thought I'd hear live.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.