Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've been doing my student finance form, and filled it all out. I'm an EU student, but without a british citizenship. Then, after I'd sent it off, they said they required evidence from me. Most of it was proof of identity etc. which is fine, but then it said:

    Select which evidence item you will provide to confirm your from EEA or Switzerland for reasons of work.

    I didn't understand the question and looked back through my form to make sure I hadn't made a mistake in claiming that I was here to work or something, but it all looked fine and I couldn't tell where that question sprouted from.

    It gave me the option of sending a P60, which I happen to have from my previous place of work, so I thought fair enough, and posted the original document (which they demanded) with my passport.

    I just checked online and they apparently posted back my passport yesterday and no longer require those bits of evidence that would have been covered via my passport, which makes me assume that they received it, approved it and are sending it back.

    But they are still asking me for proof of evidence of being here for reasons of work. On the 'update' box it says that my passport was sent back to me on 05/04/11 (but no mention of my P60).

    Does this mean they've just chucked my P60 away? Why wasn't it good enough for evidence? And what in the world am I meant to provide as evidence? I don't even know what they're asking me to prove. I'm not here for reasons of work. I've been living here with my mum for almost 10 years.

    Anyone got a clue what's going on?

    You must have accidentally selected the option to be assessed as a migrant worker, which is a separate category of student in itself.

    If you're an EU citizen and you've been in the UK for 3 years before the 1st day of your course (and as you say, you've been in here 10 years) you're entitled to exactly the same support as home students.

    I'd ring up SFE straight away and explain this and they'll tell you what you need to do to change it.

    Nvmd, i solved it.

    I have the same problem, but the thing is that I don't have the British Citizenship....
    Does anyone know what to do so close as 2 weeks till going to uni?
    I'm really starting to panic a bit....

University open days

  1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.