Turn on thread page Beta

Ejaculating lowers strength/ power.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Troll Toll)
    You went from pressing 20 to 40 in 4 weeks because that's what happens when someone with a Y chromosome works out.
    lol?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but there is no doubt to give anyone the benefit of. Of course testosterone increases strength.
    Its was irrelevent weather or not its true in context to the question asked, simple logic.

Im not replying to another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ich Dien)
    No, that defies common sense, and couldnt be further from what I said.
    ok maybe i exagerated - but i really dont think that's true. my opinion it that over the weeks of abstinence my test levels soared (and yep i was horny as fvuk) and it was like an explosion of tension released during workouts. never felt anything like it ever before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    lol?
    EVERYONE GETS GAINS LIKE THAT WHEN THEY ARE OVERHEAD PRESSING THE BAR

(Original post by Ich Dien)
    Its was irrelevent weather or not its true in context to the question asked, simple logic.

Im not replying to another.
    You're talking as much nonsense as the OP to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    2 x 20 kg dumbells shoulder press, 20 Kg Barbell shoulder press or machine 20 kg shoulder press?.

Out of interest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_second)
    2 x 20 kg dumbells shoulder press, 20 Kg Barbell shoulder press or machine 20 kg shoulder press?.

Out of interest
    20kg barbell (free wt) increased to 40kg over 4 weeks.... your views?

ReputationRep:

I love it when non-fitness regulars here and argue over broscience. Who will win?

I guess there is only one way to find out!

Must be all the testosterone. Maybe you should all beat one off and chill?

ReputationRep:
    ok maybe i exagerated - but i really dont think that's true. my opinion it that over the weeks of abstinence my test levels soared (and yep i was horny as fvuk) and it was like an explosion of tension released during workouts. never felt anything like it ever before
    Psychologically, You would believe that its not your mind because your experiencing it first hand. Nobody under the placebo effect suspects the placebo effect

But in fairness we are talking about a hormone imbalance, could do anything.
    Doesnt mean its a good, healthy thing to do though (in excess)

(Original post by FluxD)
    I guess there is only one way to find out!
    Too bad that aint happening.

ReputationRep:
    You are comically weak fapping or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    You are comically weak fapping or not
    How much would a standard guy starting weights: free weight barbell OHP?

I started on 22.5 now I'm on 3 x 8 30 Kg. started a couple of weeks ago.

I thought my shoulders were fairly strong (n.b compared to the rest of me).

5'7" 70kg 17.5 yrs old

ReputationRep:

Is this 1 RPM? Because that increase is very rapid. I doubt it is to do with 'fapping' though.

ReputationRep:
    This is all I can really say now.

ReputationRep:
    This is all I can really say now.

Please rate some other members before rating this member again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_second)
    How much would a standard guy starting weights: free weight barbell OHP?

I started on 22.5 now I'm on 3 x 8 30 Kg. started a couple of weeks ago.

I thought my shoulders were fairly strong (n.b compared to the rest of me).

5'7" 70kg 17.5 yrs old
    There's nothing wrong with starting with relatively low weights. Just follow linear progression for as long as you can.. best bet is to go with a program like Starting strength / stronglifts and stick with that.

Everything goes up lovely and quick at first so wouldn't worry too much what your lifting now! I've been training for like, 2 years... used to train like a lazy **** mind. Been doing it properly for about 4 months and i'm on 65kg for 5 sets of 5 overhead press. Nothing special, but still improving every time.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    BTW does anyone know any real scientific proofs rather than self-made theories?
    In this study masturbation was found to decrease testosterone. It is worth considering that it is difficult to have an effective control, however.

I hope that answers your question.

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't think it has any physical effects. I believe, it has more of a psychological effect on you, as if you keep thinking that ****ing lowers your strength and stamina and all that, then you go into matches or whatever youre doing sport-wise with a negative mind.
    But you do have to drink more water to replace the jizz you lost :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    In this study masturbation was found to decrease testosterone. It is worth considering that it is difficult to have an effective control, however.

I hope that answers your question.
    That is nonsense, they have not tested the same men regularly masturbating etc, drugs, habbits etc (for example when tested boxers who won fights testosterone levels rose by almost seven fold for a period)

ReputationRep:
    Exactly so! I posted this a while ago - that reminds me - why don't I bump it up to refresh your memory!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    Higher testosterone also correlates to higher wanking frequency. Maybe this is some sort of self-regulating feedback loop, that when your testosterone is too high your body forces you to blow loads until your levels are normalized.

If I did medicine this would be the basis of my dissertation.
    Homeostasis, Likely
    :yep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    That is nonsense, they have not tested the same men regularly masturbating etc, drugs, habbits etc (for example when tested boxers who won fights testosterone levels rose by almost seven fold for a period)
    So you're saying the sample size was not big enough? The results did reach significance, and variability is of course considered in those statistics. The problem is more the lack of a decent control to compare with, for me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.