Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I ordered online a item from boots UK and chose via boots DHL express next day delivery for my item.
    The delivery was meant to come today between 8am- 9pm but did not arrive. I checked the dhl tracking website to find it saying this: ''Parcel data received awaiting coll. 05/04/11 ''. And my delivery date was meant to be today on the 6th!. What can I do?. I'm frickin furious and want to know if i can get a full postage refund?.Or any compensation?.

ReputationRep:
    Going from personal experience and that of friends, I think you could maybe get a full postal refund at best.
    Can't see you getting any more than that unless there's something wrong with the item.

ReputationRep:
    just contact boots, they'll probably refund your postage or maybe fob you off with a voucher

ReputationRep:
    Yup, full or partial refund of postage costs is about all you can hope to get.

Last time I had issues with delivery of something (not with Boots but with another company), I'd paid for delivery on a certain day (3 working days), it actually arrived after 5 working days and I got refunded £1.50 or whatever to make the postage cost match what it would have been for a 5-day delivery. Not ideal, but it's better than nothing.
    I would say you'd have a good chance of getting a small refund, anyway, especially if you'd paid for next day delivery. You'd have better odds than some of the chancing *******s who emailed hmv.com customer support when I was working there - some absolute classics there like some guy who ordered a CD on December 23rd, then was fuming when he found that on Dec 26th the CD was on sale for a fraction of the price he'd paid (i.e. it was included in the traditional post-Christmas sales) - he wanted a refund for the price difference and was furious that the company had failed to notify him that the item he was buying was going to be included in a future sale :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Take a deep breath, calm down and call Boots up. They'll give you a postage refund.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.