This discussion is closed.
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
A couple of weeks ago I listened to an audio recording of an fsrn correspondent in Palestine (can be found at www.fsrn.org). He reported that over 200 Palestinians were hospitalized with symptoms effected by various types of "nerve" gas the Israeli military allegedly had used. These people were hospitalized between the 12th and 18th of February, I believe. Have there been any follow-up stories or reports on this incident?

I am very dissapointed with U.S. mass media coverage of the war in Palestine. There is so much attention focused on Yasser Arafat and Sharon, and virtually no attention or coverage on the Palestinian people. I watched the news for a couple of days during the bombardment of Arafat's compound and there was video footage of empty streets and lone tanks driving down them. Where are the Palestinian people?

If there are as many crimes being committed by the Israeli military- as the article written by the ex-Israeli soldier claims- why isn't there any coverage of these crimes? Where is the U.S. media? I cannot help concluding that networks such as CNN are not interested in protecting the Palestinian people because they are not covering these stories.
FCUKIN_LUV
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
snooze...whateva
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
if u want to discuse it see the israeli thread
MC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Speciez99)
if u want to discuse it see the israeli thread
too long to catch up on. I think everyone should come to this thread.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
A couple of weeks ago I listened to an audio recording of an fsrn correspondent in Palestine (can be found at www.fsrn.org). He reported that over 200 Palestinians were hospitalized with symptoms effected by various types of "nerve" gas the Israeli military allegedly had used. These people were hospitalized between the 12th and 18th of February, I believe. Have there been any follow-up stories or reports on this incident?

I am very dissapointed with U.S. mass media coverage of the war in Palestine. There is so much attention focused on Yasser Arafat and Sharon, and virtually no attention or coverage on the Palestinian people. I watched the news for a couple of days during the bombardment of Arafat's compound and there was video footage of empty streets and lone tanks driving down them. Where are the Palestinian people?

If there are as many crimes being committed by the Israeli military- as the article written by the ex-Israeli soldier claims- why isn't there any coverage of these crimes? Where is the U.S. media? I cannot help concluding that networks such as CNN are not interested in protecting the Palestinian people because they are not covering these stories.
1) US media is sympathetic to Israel
2)If you were a journo would you want to be there? Some poor b*stard was shot a few weeks back when an ignorant pr1ck decided his camera was a rocket launcher

J
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 'Mad Caddie)
too long to catch up on. I think everyone should come to this thread.
its abit pointless to restart the whole debate when so many good points have been made, just read the last 40 posts and u will be fine.
MC
Rep:
?
(Original post by foolfarian)
1) US media is sympathetic to Israel
2)If you were a journo would you want to be there? Some poor b*stard was shot a few weeks back when an ignorant pr1ck decided his camera was a rocket launcher

J
Good point, but has society not learnt to overcome these pathetic alliances to large corporate countries such as the US? The answer is no, and that is the most worrying part.
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Good point, but has society not learnt to overcome these pathetic alliances to large corporate countries such as the US? The answer is no, and that is the most worrying part.
define pathetic alliance? The USA is an influential economic/social power in the world, one would argue being an allie would be a beneficial thing
MC
Rep:
?
(Original post by Absolution)
define pathetic alliance? The USA is an influential economic/social power in the world, one would argue being an allie would be a beneficial thing
Beneficial yes, but not at the expense of peoples lives.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
expense how? In what way or ways does being an ally to the USA mean lives will be lost?
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
the americans are whats wrong with the world. no offence any americans on the forum, but ur leaders are screwed up.
MC
Rep:
?
expense how? In what way or ways does being an ally to the USA mean lives will be lost?
By being an allie, the US give them many rewards such as dissmissal from crimes. These crimes in the form of peoples lives are overlooked. They are seen as expendable.
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
By being an allie, the US give them many rewards such as dissmissal from crimes. These crimes in the form of peoples lives are overlooked. They are seen as expendable.
who are they?
what are these crimes?
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Takisistan(not sure about spelling) north of Iraq in the world.

leader is a dictator and supported by the US because of this the boiling of people who opose his regieme goes unnoticed as its not in the US intrests for the world press to report it, so takistains get screwed over because of their alliance with america
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Takisistan(not sure about spelling) north of Iraq in the world.

leader is a dictator and supported by the US because of this the boiling of people who opose his regieme goes unnoticed as its not in the US intrests for the world press to report it, so takistains get screwed over because of their alliance with america
ok good, a comment wih some evidence, (googles in takistan)
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
ok good, a comment wih some evidence, (googles in takistan)
also see south vietnam, Indosiania circa 1965

afganistan is also not a great example of the us doing a good job as more inocents died in afganistan then in 9/11
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
also see south vietnam, Indosiania circa 1965

afganistan is also not a great example of the us doing a good job as more inocents died in afganistan then in 9/11
But bear in mind that the Taliban were frankly an evil corrupt dictactorship which had been asking for it for a long time (so to speak).
I agree about the usage of 'friendly' governments even if they aren't democratic. There are better examples though which I'm sure other will have to mind. A few in central america in the 60-80s.
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.73%
Uncertainty around my education (185)
15.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (133)
11.04%
Lack of purpose or motivation (172)
14.27%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (52)
4.32%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.64%
Loneliness (103)
8.55%
Financial worries (40)
3.32%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.73%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.65%
Lack of real life entertainment (65)
5.39%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (107)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (110)
9.13%

Watched Threads