Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hiya, im pretty new to all this, I just found out I have testing for a SCITT course but they have said I will be have 4 tests

mental aritmatic
    short written maths
    short english correction
    short science paper

its only scheduled for 2 hours including a presentation by them about the course

has anyone else had anything like this yet as im really worried its going to be difficult as I have not done any of these for 15 years

I did tests for Secondary SCITT, the maths (it was billed as mental arithmetic but the questions were written down) was effectively lots of fraction-decimal conversions, percentages, that kind of thing. Data handling so you can produce stats about your class I presume (though we all know Excel is there for that!). If you do a quick search for practice QTS Skills tests you can practise with those and anything else will be easier I guess? For English I had a couple of comprehension type tests, and a fill-in-the-punctuation test. And no science- I presume you're applying for primary?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.