Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Looking for a bit of advice.

    As someone who's going onto be in Fourth Year at University and who's current Flatmate is leaving, hence not staying with him next year, I was looking at the possibility of going back into Halls, but don't know how this would be?

    I realize this is a chance to re-invigorate my social life, as it has become a bit stale due to problems with friends in the last year or two, but I worry that at 20/21 I'd be too old for halls and at the same time I am worrying about being put in with people I don't get on with or don't speak much English and end up being in the stuck in the same situation that I am in just now in regards to social life but paying more money for Halls then I would for a flat on Gumtree etc.

    Does anyone have any experience of going into First Year and Mixed Years halls as a Later Year Student? Thanks
What's the best type of cheese?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.