Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If this isn't racism, I don't know what is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moode)
    Hi, has anyone who applied to Deutsche Bank Windsor Fellowship programme, still not received an interview date or a rejection? Because I have had not heard from them since the acknowledge of my application, and should I call them to ask about the status of my application.

p.s. pshah17 and c.andy or anyone else when did you send your application off and when were you told you had an interview. thanks
    Hey, i actually sent my application the day before the deadline.. I didnt receive any acknowledgement letter or email either.. Just got a letter in the post about the interview so make sure they've got the correct address..
    Tbh i think they're just taking their time. However, they did tell me that if i get a second interview, i'll find out after 2 weeks - so im presuming most other interiews might be done by then? Not sure though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    reverse discrimination is wrong.
    how so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    how so?
    it's wrong because it's discrimination. Let's have a level playing field.

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview! It's all compentency questions for those who's interviews are coming up e.g. leadership, teamwork etc.
    I heard all the 2nd round interviews are on the 1st June!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pshah17)
    Hey, i actually sent my application the day before the deadline.. I didnt receive any acknowledgement letter or email either.. Just got a letter in the post about the interview so make sure they've got the correct address..
    Tbh i think they're just taking their time. However, they did tell me that if i get a second interview, i'll find out after 2 weeks - so im presuming most other interiews might be done by then? Not sure though..

(Original post by woods.vanessa)
    Had my interview! It's all compentency questions for those who's interviews are coming up e.g. leadership, teamwork etc.
    I heard all the 2nd round interviews are on the 1st June!
    Did you get the email on Saturday? Have you heard anything since then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k15h91)
    Did you get the email on Saturday? Have you heard anything since then?
    I don't remember when I got the email but I havent heard anything back yet.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Idiots lost my application and I had to phone them about 20 times until I actually got an interview. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    it's wrong because it's discrimination. Let's have a level playing field.
    It wasn't a level playing field to start off with though. These programmes aim to even the playing field by giving preferential access to vastly under-represented groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    It wasn't a level playing field to start off with though. These programmes aim to even the playing field by giving preferential access to vastly under-represented groups.

So do it based on Income, not race. Just because somebody is an ethnic minority doesn't mean they need help.

ReputationRep:
    So do it based on Income, not race. Just because somebody is an ethnic minority doesn't mean they need help.
    I'd agree with you in saying that a scheme based on household income would probably be more equitable than this scheme as it is. However that would require a lot of extra work on both DB's and the applicants' part - they'd have to ask for tax returns to prove incomes/check through HM Revenue and Cusoms etc.

Basing it on ethnicity is a lot easier for obvious reasons, and it does help that quite a large proportion of ethnic minority groups in London are from poor backgrounds.

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think runs windsor fellowship?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from their first round interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissPrecious..x)
    Has anyone heard back from their first round interview!
    Nope! You?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm guessing that we'll hear back a few days before 1st June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Idiots lost my application and I had to phone them about 20 times until I actually got an interview. :rant:
    my best friend applied and apparently they lost his application aswell which really isn't fair! :/

other than that, heard back from DB today and i got through to the final round of interviews cant wait!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    my best friend applied and apparently they lost his application aswell which really isn't fair! :/

other than that, heard back from DB today and i got through to the final round of interviews cant wait!
    Yeah, they seemed pretty unorganised. :\

Oooh, well done! I got rejected, but I don't mind too much.

'Grats to you, though! :congrats:

ReputationRep:

Congrats and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank youu

Good luck to anyone who's waiting on hearing back or got an interview.

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected! Wasn't that upset I have a summer job still I guess.
    To all those rejected, you can call them after Wed of next week for feedback

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.