Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is a Growth Bond? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically I want to save some money in a high interest savings account. I should not need access to this money for the next 4years. I want a saving scheme that allows me to put money in at any time but does not let me take it out for a while or unless I apply for it.

I saw this Growth Bond

What is it?
    Is it what I am looking for?
    Is there a chance I would lose any money or will me money only increase?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think you get a higher interest rate because they know you aren't going to take the money out, so have more time to invest it and such.
    I think Growth bond is just the post office's special name for a savings bond.
    You will only lose money if you have to take the money out early, which they charge you a termination fee for.

This has a higher interest rate, and gives you more details about the whole process.
    http://www.lloydstsb.com/savings/term_deposit.asp

ReputationRep:
    Thanks that's great.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.