Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i had to make an account just to ask this xD

Basically i'm staying at Marybone 1 this year for Uni I know there is shared Bathrooms, i don't mind that! But can someone explain to me whether the rooms are shared or not? I'd hate to be sharing a room with some really rowdy people when alls i want to do is sleep after a long day of drinking LOL! I read the desciption on the Cosmo website but they don't really mention anything about the rooms

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've been looking at North Western Hall which is also owned by the Cosmo group and you definitely won't be sharing a bedroom I can assure you lol you will be sharing a bathroom but depending on the amount of people in ur flat, you may have more than one bathroom so there will be about 3 people to each bathroom then you will have a kitchen area and a small communal area, although i've heard that some flats with shared bathrooms have no communal area. Hope this helps!

xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm not there myself, but my good friend lives in Marybone 1 and I spend far too much time there.
    He shares a flat with five other people, two bathrooms between them, and a shared kitchen/living area. Nobody in his flat shares a bedroom!

ReputationRep:
    heya, i'm also going to be staying in Marybone 1 this year, doing journalism,
    we definitely don't have shared bedrooms, that would be terrible, but yep, two bathrooms typically in each flat of 6 x

ReputationRep:
    Marybone 1 for me aswell Probably. Has everyone paid their deposit yet?

ReputationRep:
    Ah sick, i havent found anyone else who is, what flat are you?
    I haven't paid it yet but i will be soon x

ReputationRep:
    i am stayin at marybone 1 in september, staying in flat 11 room c. Anyone else know their flats yet ?

ReputationRep:
    I am stayin in marybone 1 in september and stayin in flat 11 room c, does anyone else know their flat number yet ?

ReputationRep:
    Haha- i'm in flat 11 room D! Hello

ReputationRep:
    yay! i was well worried that i was gonna be the only one in marybone 1 as everyone i've spoken to said thier going to marybone 2 or elsewhere.
    I'm going to be in flat 2 =)

ReputationRep:
    Woop, it seemed that everyone was in grand c, i was worried.
    Facebook? Be good to get to know people before we go

ReputationRep:
    my names keelan mccorriston , add me on fb sure

ReputationRep:
    Flat 14 Room B

ReputationRep:
    I stayed in Marybone 1 for my first year... I won't say anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you weren't too impressed?

ReputationRep:
    but you didn't really say anything.
    My name is Carissa Beukes, you can add me on fb =)

ReputationRep:
    I thought loads of people would be going to Marybone 1 cause it was cheap but everyone seems to be going elsewhere, I spose a lot of people wont have applied for halls yet though

ReputationRep:
    Marybone 1 is right by the LRC and opposite the accommodations i'll be staying at, about a 5 min walk from town centre. Just for the people that dont know already With the two accommodations right by each other it should be a pretty socialable area i'd guess

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.