Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Stand in front of the mirror naked, and be honest with yourself, you like what you see? If not, do it again when you feel like giving in and getting a takeaway.

ReputationRep:
    WTF man you're a guy?

If you go gym regularly you build muscle, which weighs more than fat.

I'm 12 and 1/2 stone, and slim/athletic build.

How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    You have to let yourself give in sometimes. If you eat nothing but healthy stuff all the time you'll give in eventually, binge on crap and feel bad about it, its a viscious circle

Allocate yourself a bit each day/week so that you get your fix of chocolate/crisps/junk food, whatever you like, but not so much that it effects your healthy diet

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Operane)
    5ft 8, and I do cardio, so it's more burning fat then putting on muscle. I just need to stop the junk food and give this my all. :confused:
    You're about the same height and weight as me.

I doubt you can be that much over weight/ chubby.

Running is generally a full body work out, you burn fat, but also build some muscle.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    WTF man you're a guy?

If you go gym regularly you build muscle, which weighs more than fat.

I'm 12 and 1/2 stone, and slim/athletic build.

How tall are you?

(Original post by Yawn11)
    You're about the same height and weight as me.

I doubt you can be that much over weight/ chubby.

Running is generally a full body work out, you burn fat, but also build some muscle.
    Just plain wrong. You can work out as much as you like, if you're in a caloric deficit you will NOT build muscle. Running does not build muscle. Weight is not a very good indicator of whether or not someone is 'fat', body composition gives a much better indication. For a man, over 20-25% bodyfat is fat. 10% is lean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Operane)
    I'm not hugely obese, but I'm quite overweight. Mainly in my stomach and moobs. If I lost 1 stone, I'd feel so much better about myself!
    Right I see. Well self discipline is the key I suppose.

It won't happen over night but bit by bit.

I also reccommend doing weights and sit ups etc, other stuff than cardio basically.

It also burns fat rapidly, replacing it with muscle and help tone your body. So even if your weight doesn't drastically drop.the definition of your body will be different.

ReputationRep:
    Im 5ft 10 and 10 3/4 stone..used to be 9and a half stone...

ReputationRep:
    Well it sounds like you are trying to change too much at once - going to the gym every day is a lot! We are creatures of habit and if you suddenly shake up your routine and change a lot of things in it then it will be hard to stick to it.
    It sounds like you're making the right choices to change (eating healthier and doing exercise) but maybe you should try and make these changes more gradual so it is easier to stick to your new routine. For example, have a rest day or two each week, even three! Don't be too hard on yourself you are doing great already having made this much effort

ReputationRep:
    hmmm,something that would motivate you to meet a desired target...how about depriving yourself of something that is important to you/your day-to-day enjoyment until you achieve it?
    example: no 'action' with women until you achieve the target weight? though if sex isn't important to you then it is a bad suggestion.........

also, a question to everybody: how to work out one's bodyfat percentage at home? my boyfriend's cycling team-club-thingy does this for him when he does group trainings, but i am not part of such a sports club myself.....ideas? x

ReputationRep:
    Remember this feeling of shame and self loathing, as well as the knowledge that everyone who reads this thread knows you are completely pathetic. Best motivation out there.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with u.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.