Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys, I was just getting a bit worried that I wouldn't have time in class to analyse this article seeing as we've still got loads of course material to cover and there's only 22 days left in my college (with not that many Biology Lessons)
    I thought we could analyse it together on here, to at least get some ideas.
    If you can think of any questions they might ask, feel free to post them.
    I'm litterally scared by this - a third of the exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki_aiyana)
    Hey Guys, I was just getting a bit worried that I wouldn't have time in class to analyse this article seeing as we've still got loads of course material to cover and there's only 22 days left in my college (with not that many Biology Lessons)
    I thought we could analyse it together on here, to at least get some ideas.
    If you can think of any questions they might ask, feel free to post them.
    I'm litterally scared by this - a third of the exam!
    In a nutshell, from reading the entire article, I've gathered that its mostly about muscles, genes and performance enhancing drugs.
    Maybe even genetic engineering?

It'd be best to fully understand those areas.
    Yeah, you're right, it does account for a third of the Unit 5 exam.
    Tip.
    Read the article over and over again until you've nearly memorised it.
    You'll be glad you did. I did Unit 5 last year and I wish I read it properly.

Regardless, do give equal consideration to everything in the book.

p.s. Ask your teacher if he/she will spend time after college to do an annotation session to cover the article.
    if its not happening, take a bunch of mates to the library, and try to highlight parts of the article that looks familiar.

BTW. another tip is to make sure you go over units 1 and 2 again.
    Edexcel always throw in a question from AS.

ReputationRep:
    They give you a blank copy of the article in the exam right?

There's just so much information to take in and I don't think my teacher will be going over it.
    I've read most of it and it's basically just talking through muscles and drugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blobbystar)
    They give you a blank copy of the article in the exam right?

There's just so much information to take in and I don't think my teacher will be going over it.
    I've read most of it and it's basically just talking through muscles and drugs
    yes u will get a article at the exam !

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, It's a lot to take in,
    It reminds me of a GCSE exam I took but in much more detail!
    I understand the basic concepts of it all, i'm just panicking because we haven't even finished all the course material
    x

ReputationRep:
    I have been so kindly to make a facebook group on unit 5 scienitif article where you can share you your knowldge and ask each other questions based on this paper....but what happens no one is interested,
    weird world with weird peope in it.Or am I the only one who is interested to get good grades............

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling that they might include athrosclerosis from unit one in the Scientific article questions, because it is mentioned in the paper!!! also in class we discussed the possibility of transcription factors coming up, etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.