Turn on thread page Beta

Bring back the Death Sentence? POLL watch

• View Poll Results: Bring back the Death Sentence for murderers?
    Yes.
    37.40%
    No.
    62.60%

ReputationRep:
    In the state of Texas in the United States of America, you can be convicted of a murder without the police producing a dead body.

As such, the 'victim' might have simply eloped with a lover or may have actually been killed.

The point is without the body one can never be sure whether or not a murder was commited and lastly you may just be the poor sod who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

However, you can still be convicted, sentenced and executed.

Do you agree with this ? Dont tell me its as simple as 'fixing the laws'. It isnt. The Government is steeped in bureaucracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mel2606)
    An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,
    you do know that that is not the whole quote. it actually says 'but turn the other cheek' basically you're an idiot for using that.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    As I have said a million times before, there are very rarely any cases where you can be 100% sure that the person is guilty.
    You can have evidence that points suspcian and makes it look like a certain person did it, but very rarely can you be 100% sure.
    Miscarriages of justice still happen, and so someone could still be killed and then be found to be innocent.

(Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    Yes and locking them up costs the taxpayer thousands.
    But even if we had the death peantly the same would happen.
    People would be waiting on death row for years and years.

Only DNA or camera footage proving the crime should be used for 100% convictions.
    DNA or CCTV are not 100% reliable.

Absolute nonsense.

What about a girl then who has been ambushed, raped, has cuts and wounds all over her body and traces of the attackers semen are found by swab to prove who it was 100% carried out the attack?
    But of course, as I said above, DNA is not 100% reliable. It is close, but not 100%.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and locking them up costs the taxpayer thousands.

It sickens me that my money that I work hard to earn goes to help those vile and sick creatures (in my eyes they are not human) alive.

That money could educate children, help children out of poverty, etc.

Instead it is being wasted on scum.
    It costs $3 million Dollars to execute a criminal in the United States. Cant be much less in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunagdi)
    People decrying capital punishment wouldn't assume such a position when their loved one is raped and the killed by a serial killer that was let loose after serving a "life sentence".
    People who are taking your opinion wouldn't assume such a position when their loved one is killed after being wrongly convicted of something.

See what I did there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh_Dey)
    So you're saying that the person who got murdered deserved being killed?
    What about the murderers shoot innoccent people... Did they deserve it?
    I'm against the death penalty. I just want to know how those who want it would punish those people given many say murderers deserve the same punishment.

ReputationRep:
    only for pedophiles and rapist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    you do know that that is not the whole quote. it actually says 'but turn the other cheek' basically you're an idiot for using that.
    DEUTERONOMY 19:21 "Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot."

I suggest you get your facts right before you try and correct me!!!!

Looks like you're the idiot! Or just plain stupid...

ReputationRep:
    "An eye for an eye makes the world blind"

"Why must those who've killed, be killed, to be shown killings wrong?"

Life is too precious. And also, if you started with the Death sentance for Murder, it could just as easily be adapted for other things, then it goes crazy.

ReputationRep:
    life for a life

ReputationRep:
    The issue with the Death Sentence is, you will get someone who is innocent and found guilty somewhere down the line. The justice system is not perfect. I mean at least with life in prison if someone is proven innocent later on they can be taken out of prison, execution on the otherhand you cannot go back from.

If I ever become prime mister this is the first thing I'll do!

ReputationRep:
    You cannot sanctify the moral that murder is wrong and then violate such a propriety when it comes to criminals. If a Government has a strong ethical attitude, it leads by example.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.