Turn on thread page Beta

too ugly to live watch

ReputationRep:
    I can understand how you feel, when I had acne I was so depressed, luckily that's gone now, which is the difference....

What is it that you find unnatractive? E.g. your nose, eyes, mouth? Your body? Are you quite big?

Because a lot of it can be changed by healthy eating and exercise. If it is just your face, what exactly is it about your face? Maybe you could have surgery if it would really make you feel better.

We kind of need a pic to give you better advice....

ReputationRep:
    I guess I can recommend Palmers Coco Butter moisturiser for the acne scars. It's just a moisturiser, but it's for women with stretch marks, and really works to fade marks. It's really really good, and very cheap, you can buy it pretty much anywhere. Smells like chocolate, too.

You need to find a way to build your confidence up. It's really hard, you can't just become confident, and every time you go outside, that confidence will be destroyed. So you have to find a way to feel better about yourself inside in a way that will last, so that when you do go out, people staring doesn't take you back to square one. For me, it was the photo post I did. For you, maybe a week of hot baths/pampering yourself. You could put yourself up on a dating site and see what people say.... Although even I would be too scared to do that! Maybe eat super healthy, or even save up for the botox you wanted, actually get it done, and then premier yourself when you feel more confident.
    Either way, it's hard when every trip outside just chips away more and more at your confidence. There's only so much you can take, and with no-one asking you out, there is nothing to build you back up.
    If you have any friends nearby, getting tipsy with them (just them, not trying to pull or anything) can make you feel a lot better. I always care less about my appearance when I'm drunk. haha, just don't become an alchoholic, that's not what I'm advising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    You want a straw?

Because you should suck it up. No normal person is happy with their face, other people who may think they're ugly don't want to kill themselves, stop putting so much emphasis on looks
    No normal person is happy with their looks?...... Really?! That's a bit depressing. I'm happy.... There's a lot of pressure to look good in society, but if you don't look good, you can either ignore society, live in depression or do something about it. There's not really any such thing as "suck it up", that equates to living with depression without confronting your issues.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know you so I don't want to judge, but first of all you gotta realise that beauty is more than just what you see in the mirror. Four years ago I was size 18, I hated myself to bits, I felt lonely, and I was bullied every day because of how I looked. I had massive problems through my puberty period, my skin looked disgusting and tbh I felt so ugly I really didn't put much effort in trying to make myself feel better. I was avoiding people because I felt like every time they look at me the first thing that crosses their mind is 'GOD SHE'S SO UGLY!'. Not even going to mention zero attention from opposite sex.

But just over two years ago I pulled myself together and lost all the weight and now I'm size 8 instead of 18. I proved to myself that NOTHING'S IMPOSSIBLE. I don't want to go on too much about it because it's not about me, but after losing so much weight, and really putting ***loads of effort to look better nobody will ever convince me that people are just ugly and nothing can be done about it. It ain't easy, sure, it might be one of the biggest challenges ever. But once you get started, it will just flow. Don't force yourself to look in a mirror if you don't feel comortable about it. Look for a treatment if you feel that it can help - if your'e not sure about which treatment to take, consult it with a doctor first. If you have bad skin... Maybe you could try use some make up to cover it up? Get yourself some sexy clothes, go to a hairdresses, just basically, feel like a woman should. Life's way too short to bring yourself down like this!!

(Original post by Steezy)
    I can understand how you feel, when I had acne I was so depressed, luckily that's gone now, which is the difference....

What is it that you find unnatractive? E.g. your nose, eyes, mouth? Your body? Are you quite big?

Because a lot of it can be changed by healthy eating and exercise. If it is just your face, what exactly is it about your face? Maybe you could have surgery if it would really make you feel better.

my skin because it looks rough uneven, mild acne marks, some times it is very red, i have blackheads which i can not get rid of and enlarged pores. and the shape of my face as it looks really square and weird. btw i already eat healthy
    (Original post by Jennet)
    I guess I can recommend Palmers Coco Butter moisturiser for the acne scars. It's just a moisturiser, but it's for women with stretch marks, and really works to fade marks. It's really really good, and very cheap, you can buy it pretty much anywhere. Smells like chocolate, too.

You need to find a way to build your confidence up. It's really hard, you can't just become confident, and every time you go outside, that confidence will be destroyed. So you have to find a way to feel better about yourself inside in a way that will last, so that when you do go out, people staring doesn't take you back to square one. For me, it was the photo post I did. For you, maybe a week of hot baths/pampering yourself. You could put yourself up on a dating site and see what people say.... Although even I would be too scared to do that! Maybe eat super healthy, or even save up for the botox you wanted, actually get it done, and then premier yourself when you feel more confident.
    Either way, it's hard when every trip outside just chips away more and more at your confidence. There's only so much you can take, and with no-one asking you out, there is nothing to build you back up.
    If you have any friends nearby, getting tipsy with them (just them, not trying to pull or anything) can make you feel a lot better. I always care less about my appearance when I'm drunk. haha, just don't become an alchoholic, that's not what I'm advising!
    thanks for the help! im glad i am not the only one who has gone through this! i think im going to get either a skin peel or botox. in the next month. hopefully i will feel better if even one of these are corrected.

(Original post by Snow841)
    I don't know you so I don't want to judge, but first of all you gotta realise that beauty is more than just what you see in the mirror. Four years ago I was size 18, I hated myself to bits, I felt lonely, and I was bullied every day because of how I looked. I had massive problems through my puberty period, my skin looked disgusting and tbh I felt so ugly I really didn't put much effort in trying to make myself feel better. I was avoiding people because I felt like every time they look at me the first thing that crosses their mind is 'GOD SHE'S SO UGLY!'. Not even going to mention zero attention from opposite sex.

But just over two years ago I pulled myself together and lost all the weight and now I'm size 8 instead of 18. I proved to myself that NOTHING'S IMPOSSIBLE. I don't want to go on too much about it because it's not about me, but after losing so much weight, and really putting ***loads of effort to look better nobody will ever convince me that people are just ugly and nothing can be done about it. It ain't easy, sure, it might be one of the biggest challenges ever. But once you get started, it will just flow. Don't force yourself to look in a mirror if you don't feel comortable about it. Look for a treatment if you feel that it can help - if your'e not sure about which treatment to take, consult it with a doctor first. If you have bad skin... Maybe you could try use some make up to cover it up? Get yourself some sexy clothes, go to a hairdresses, just basically, feel like a woman should. Life's way too short to bring yourself down like this!!
    thanks really good advice. i dont have bad skin just acne marks and blackheads and enlarged pores really. think ill get a skin peel

my skin because it looks rough uneven, mild acne marks, some times it is very red, i have blackheads which i can not get rid of and enlarged pores. and the shape of my face as it looks really square and weird. btw i already eat healthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How old are you? If you're just thinking about going to Uni, you're probably 17/18/19 right? Which is the WORST time for appearance & self confidence. Having just turned 23, I can assure you, no matter how unlikely it might seem now - the acne WILL go. Your confidence will then increase and depression will decrease.

In the meantime, here is how I got rid of my acne - Eat LOADS of fruit & veg every day (I'm talking 5 fruits, 5 veg), drink roughly 10 pints of water a day, drink roughly 5 cups of green tea everyday, steer clear of sugary foods such as sweets & chocolate, etc. Stay clear of alcohol as much as you can (spots are usually worse on a hangover), if eating pasta or bread, etc, always go for wholemeal/granary, don't eat white bread or pasta, also steer clear of dairy products.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    the camera is more of a worst enemy than the mirror for me. and its too hard to tell your self your not ugly if you believe you are. 2bh i dont like anything on my face. i dont have a issue with my body as its ok. but i hate everything on my face especially my skin and face shape
    I know its hard and it sucks, but even if you are telling yourself youre ugly (youre not) you most certainly are NOT too ugly to live! Everyone deserves a chance to live and be happy, you just need to find a way of doing that. For me scary amounts of make up started to make me feel like i wasnt the most hideous thing in the world, i went to the doctor to sort out my acne and that was such a help etc etc. Since i dont know exactly what youre not happy with i can't really make any suggestions like that but there must be something you can do about it to make yourself feel better without the pain and expense of surgery? Maybe go for a pampering day at the spa, because (and im going to keep saying it until you realise how special you are) you deserve it!!!! chin up hun x

ReputationRep:
    Do you have like a facial routine in the mornings and evenings? cleansers, moisturisers, toners etc? if you get a strong routine like that and keep it up, the pores will go down and the black heads will go too, and moisturises will always help to get rid of scars, sometimes not completely but itll certainly make a difference! even in a month of following a strict facial routine youll see a difference! I got a face steamer that i use once a fortnight that refreshes the skin too, and theyre not expensive! Buying products and stuff like that might help more than paying for surgery, you're only 20 years old, surgery really isnt the answer at that age!

How old are you? If you're just thinking about going to Uni, you're probably 17/18/19 right? Which is the WORST time for appearance & self confidence. Having just turned 23, I can assure you, no matter how unlikely it might seem now - the acne WILL go. Your confidence will then increase and depression will decrease.

In the meantime, here is how I got rid of my acne - Eat LOADS of fruit & veg every day (I'm talking 5 fruits, 5 veg), drink roughly 10 pints of water a day, drink roughly 5 cups of green tea everyday, steer clear of sugary foods such as sweets & chocolate, etc. Stay clear of alcohol as much as you can (spots are usually worse on a hangover), if eating pasta or bread, etc, always go for wholemeal/granary, don't eat white bread or pasta, also steer clear of dairy products.
    i dont think you are listening i DONT have acne no more. just the scars. and i also eat very healthy anyways. i want rid of the scars and i am 20

(Original post by ahoward)
    Do you have like a facial routine in the mornings and evenings? cleansers, moisturisers, toners etc? if you get a strong routine like that and keep it up, the pores will go down and the black heads will go too, and moisturises will always help to get rid of scars, sometimes not completely but itll certainly make a difference! even in a month of following a strict facial routine youll see a difference! I got a face steamer that i use once a fortnight that refreshes the skin too, and theyre not expensive! Buying products and stuff like that might help more than paying for surgery, you're only 20 years old, surgery really isnt the answer at that age!
    i already do all that stuff and own a steamer

ReputationRep:
    i dont think you are listening i DONT have acne no more. just the scars. and i also eat very healthy anyways. i want rid of the scars and i am 20
    I didn't read the whole thread, but you said about black heads & redness etc, which will be helped by what I said. I'm not gonna bother anymore though, sounds like your personality needs more work than your looks.

I didn't read the whole thread, but you said about black heads & redness etc, which will be helped by what I said. I'm not gonna bother anymore though, sounds like your personality needs more work than your looks.
    sorry i am not having a go at you but i already eat healthy, i dont drink milk. i drink lots of water a day and its filtered water. i have vegs for my dinner and tea and still nothing is helping do you have scars from your acne?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flown_muse)
    If you don't want us to be too harsh, why don't you post pictures of like... three different people, one being you, then we can comment but you don't have to tell us which one is you if you don't want?

Otherwise, not much we can advise on :/
    actually a well good idea

ReputationRep:
    sorry i am not having a go at you but i already eat healthy, i dont drink milk. i drink lots of water a day and its filtered water. i have vegs for my dinner and tea and still nothing is helping do you have scars from your acne?
    I've got slight scars, but unless I go right up to the mirror, I can't see them, and they're not visible in photos. Maybe laser surgery would be best, which I see you've already considered... Do you drink green tea? It's amazing stuff and also decreases the visibility of scars I think.

ReputationRep:
    too beautiful too die

ReputationRep:
    Also who the **** cares if you're ugly. I hate this world for making girls think just because they're not the ideal vision of beauty they're somehow lesser. Beauty is the least important thing. It's so immaterial that killing yourself over it is absurd. I'm ugly, but I don't give a ****. Im really happy. And **** anyone who's rude because you're a better person than them. Beauty doesn't matter silly girl and anyone who says otherwise is a liar. Just be happy and the best person you can be

ReputationRep:
    i already do all that stuff and own a steamer
    okay then, talk me through your routine, like what stuff do you use, and how do you do it through the morning and evening?

ReputationRep:
    With this mindset, even if you get surgery you'll find something else about yourself to pick on. Work on your outlook first.

ReputationRep:
    what and make me feel even worse?
    Then why bother posting if we cannot make an objective answer?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.