Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anyone here into japanese designer labels at all? Watch

ReputationRep:
    just wondering, cause i got into them in the last year or so and now they're what I mainly buy when it comes to clothing. there are some exceptions though, like hoodies/jackets/shoes since they don't fit me :[ (i'm 6'4 hehe). anyone else here share the same interest? ^__^

ReputationRep:
    I got some clothes that I thought were good looking, but bad quality from a Korean clothes selling seller from ebay, if that counts. One brand was "d^ble ju".

ReputationRep:
    like visvim?

ReputationRep:
    Please nobody say Superdry. For my sanity, please.

(inb4 THEY NOT JAAPENESEEEEE, this is my point.)

ReputationRep:
    My japanese friend said the writing on their logo doesn't make sense... and superdry are absolutely whack!!!

ReputationRep:
    Commes Des Garcons is Japanese right?

If so, yes.

ReputationRep:
    white mountaineering, junya watanabe,

ReputationRep:
    yup comme & visvim are japanese.

nice to see there's love for them on TSR. lol cicerao i know, it's so cringe when people bring up superdry.

my personal favourites are originalfake, undercoverism & nbhd. i really like mastermind too, but anytime i see something by them i like it's ridiculously expensive =[. last tshirt I saw that I liked from them cost $600, and I'd rather not talk about the jackets >_>.

ReputationRep:
    yeah only real problem is it's hard to cop them over here and even if you found a retailer you're talking like 2x retail.

i've always wanted this shirt:
    http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=visvim+dado

p.s. there's pretty much love for all those designers you listed on probably every fashion related forum i can think off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Bape and BBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    Bape and BBC
    BBC isn't japanese..

and hardly the epitome of japanese designers

(i rate both though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theplasterman)
    BBC isn't japanese..

and hardly the epitome of japanese designers

(i rate both though)
    ye fair enough ... just i love their tees lol
    my bad

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know much about Japanese labels but from pictures I've seen Japanese girls look to have some cool fashion sense. I'll look into some of the labels people have mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    I love a bit of Engineered Garments, if that counts.

ReputationRep:
    Does Uniqlo count?

ReputationRep:
    All the japanese designers i have seen are all washed up

ReputationRep:
    evisu if they're japanese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamBeowulf)
    evisu if they're japanese
    yeah they are. i've had like 4-5 pairs from them in the past and the eu-editions are all shoddy quality but their selvage no.1/2/heritage denim has lasted me over 4 years.. brilliant jeans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Please nobody say Superdry. For my sanity, please.

(inb4 THEY NOT JAAPENESEEEEE, this is my point.)
    Haha, I was totally waiting for that

My japanese friend said the writing on their logo doesn't make sense... and superdry are absolutely whack!!!
    It doesn't really :p: http://hanzismatter.blogspot.com/200...dry-co-uk.html

ReputationRep:
    i don't really like superdry or anything but dude, have you seen some japanese brands japanese->english translations on their clothes? making sense is the last thing that comes to mind when i look at most of them XD.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.