The Student Room Group

Early Revision?

How long should I start revising for the june exams?
Im thinking from about mid April? would 2 months be too long, or would it be a good amount of time?

and how long should i space out my revision times?
(i will be on holiday from tomorrow for about 3 weeks and I have prepared some revision material to revise there aswell)

I have about 8 exams;
Spanish, Additional Maths, Biology(unit1), Physics(Unit2) , Chinese, english Lit(x2) historyB(unit1)
I'm not a fan of early revising. In the past i've left it till one day before the exam but still came out with A's and B's. I love cramming revision, lol. Might start a bit earlier this year though, Biol1 is on the 16th of May and i really want to start revising for that before the end of the holidays. Not revising for General studies, it's too useless to warrant it.
Reply 2
Original post by kuehfan
Oooh, I have to say... you've left it really late.
I'm doing my GCSE's this summer, and I've been revising since around mid-January. I presume you're a C grade student?

I suggest you cancel your holiday and start your revision now.
I feel for you. I'd aim to do around 9+ hours in the Easter holidays... that is... if you want to pass.

:eek: I'm sorry.

xxx

keuhfan you suck man! if you find it so hard to remember stuff and need to start revision by january fine, do that. some people remember stuff quick so they don't need to revise alot. why are you presuming he's a C grade student.. i dont get you mate. for my additional science exam, I only had a 3 day gap between my as level c1 exam - still managed an a* (49/50 ums) and an A in the c1 exam (97%) - yes, im doing as level math in yr 11. soo, according to you, starting 2 months in advance is late -.-
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by kuehfan
Oooh, I have to say... you've left it really late.
I'm doing my GCSE's this summer, and I've been revising since around mid-January. I presume you're a C grade student?

I suggest you cancel your holiday and start your revision now.
I feel for you. I'd aim to do around 9+ hours in the Easter holidays... that is... if you want to pass.

:eek: I'm sorry.

xxx

I feel sorry for you if you're having to do that much revision to get decent grades at GCSE :colondollar:
Starting mid April is fine, especially if OP only has 8 exams.

edit- lol neg rep for saying the truth to someone who's bashing the OP. hmm.
(edited 12 years ago)
I started revising around mid-late April, two months should be a really good length of time to revise :smile:

And to kuehfan: to be honest revising in January seems slightly early :lolwut: but if you need 5-6 months to learn your syllabus that is fine, but no need to say OP is a C grade student. The majority of GCSEs students start revising about now, not in Jan! :P

Anyway good luck with your revision :biggrin:
Reply 5
To be honest, its probably about time to start revising. I'm doing my A2's and am just about to start revision and I think they are latter than GCSE's. So I think Easter is the time to start if you haven't already. Make the most of the time you have, do a revision timetable, and most of all revise in a way that will help you!
Reply 6
I would start doing some past papers now so you know which areas you need to work on and then slowly start studying more and more up until the exam
Try to stay within the context of the OP please. :colonhash:
Original post by Millyshyn
I guess you must be keuhfan under another account since he deleted his previous post? Funny stuff.
Hi,

I have removed and edited inappropriate responses. This may include keuhfan and other users. However it doesn't mean that you should direct snide comments to other users in the thread.
gilllybeans
I presume you must find school a bit of a struggle if you are only doing 8 GCSEs

Please remain within the context of the thread. Both of you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Millyshyn
Haha, the OP is doing 8 exams, not me. You're obviously another one of those no-lifers who need to study 24/7 to get a B.
You're the one that needs to focus on your spelling and grammar, and first of all learn to read. I didn't make any mistakes. Get some glasses perhaps?

+It was pretty rude of kuehfan to assume OP is a C grade student, and now you're the one being abusive. Hypocrite. I guess you must be keuhfan under another account since he deleted his previous post? Funny stuff.

If you can't take constructive criticism then how are you ever going to improve. This can be a downfall in many students as they struggle to improvements because they believe their way is best.
However, i believe that it is very rude to laugh at B grade students that are trying hard to better themselves, considering you originally took offence at me calling someone a C grade student. I believe this is slightly hypocritical.
Also, I happen to already have a pair of spectacles but I will take your views on board and will book an eye test straight away. Thank you for your wise words of wisdom, they are treasured.
Btw, I'm not Kuehfan, it is really sad to have two accounts and I'm not that desperate to speak to you.:cool:
Reply 10
It's the perfect time now really, if it gets to a point where you've learnt everything to early you could probably spend 20mins a day going over notes and such to keep it fresh in the mind.
I'm starting hardcore revision starting from today :P