Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Oldest person you'd date? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If somebody was interested in you, what would be the oldest you'd go for?

EDIT
    I should add i'm 19.
    A guy aged 26 is interested...?

ReputationRep:
    About 32 generally, but I'd happily make an exception for someone exceptional.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise there have been like a BILLION other threads just like this right!

Anyway the oldest I would date is 23 (unless it was like Bradley James who's 28 other older celebs, but that'll never happen! Sob). I'm 18 btw.

ReputationRep:
    i am 23 + 1 month old ;D
    i'm only keen on dating between upto 1 year older myself, to upto 1 year younger than myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    i am 23 + 1 month old ;D
    i'm only keen on dating between upto 1 year older myself, to upto 1 year younger than myself
    Hmm... isn't that logistically quite difficult? Do you ask for every potential suitor's birthday almost as soon as you meet them, to ensure that they fit into the 24-month window you've deemed acceptable to date?

ReputationRep:
    Jeanne Calment and I used to court. Right naughty centenarian, that one.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 19 I dated a guy who was 27... Its great depending on the person (obvious point was obvious) but yeah theres a gap.

Have fun :P

ReputationRep:
    Well that is a little old maybe, but you are both adults.

I'd say get to know him a bit more, give it a try, and if you find he is too old move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Hmm... isn't that logistically quite difficult? Do you ask for every potential suitor's birthday almost as soon as you meet them, to ensure that they fit into the 24-month window you've deemed acceptable to date?
    no it is not difficult. i regularly am in situations where i'm in the presence of many people of similar age to myself.

most girls/ women on this very forum appear to flat-out reject the idea of ever dating younger men because 'they're not mature enough' or 'i'm mature for my age' (........yeah surrrrrre you all are), so why can i not wish to partner up with someone close enough to my date-of-birth without being questioned on this particular preference of mine.........................

ReputationRep:
    If it feels right then see what happens. Would you consider the person as a partner if you didn't know his age? Is there any reason it wouldn't work?

I got with someone quite a bit older, but we didn't know each others ages until something started to develop between us. He thought I was about 24 and I thought he was about 28. What can ya do :dontknow: The 2 and a half years we were together was great, nobody really noticed our age gap 'cause we got on so well, we broke up for completely unrelated reasons and still meet as friends now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18, and I'd say I might go for someone who was 25/6? I do have a bit of a penchant for older guys though, this guy came in to my school last year who was 32 or something... He was, one might say, 'well fit.' >__>

Then again by boyf is 6 months younger than me, so I guess it's just the person's maturity / personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    no it is not difficult. i regularly am in situations where i'm in the presence of many people of similar age to myself.

most girls/ women on this very forum appear to flat-out reject the idea of ever dating younger men because 'they're not mature enough' or 'i'm mature for my age' (........yeah surrrrrre you all are), so why can i not wish to partner up with someone close enough to my date-of-birth without being questioned on this particular preference of mine.........................
    I was only questioning the logistics of it. When you're out of school, most people you meet differ in age by more than 12 months, so it seems bizarrely limiting. But whatever floats your boat...

ReputationRep:
    i am 23 + 1 month old ;D
    Defo a virgin.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'd probably go up to 39 (I'm 27). I'm just slightly not mentally ready to cross over onto the 40 threshold just yet lol

21 and dated a 52 yo

ReputationRep:
    when i was 18 i dated a 45 year old woman. worst mistake ever, because she was married and had kids, and when i found that out i had to break it off. right now im 21, and the oldest id date is probably 25 to 27. im not too keen on younger girls, but id date any girl from 16 to 25/27.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on bank balance.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 and I'd probably date up to around 33/34. I'm not ready for the late 30s.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know. I don't consider age when it comes to friendship and if a friendship develops into a relationship then I still wouldn't consider their age. It's irrelevant.

It's more about a compatibility in emotional maturity, similar outlook in life, someone who I feel completely comfortable with - those kinds of things are more important than their age.

But hey, maybe I'm biased :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18

Date- highest I'd go is 21
    Sex- highest i'd go is 35ish (if she still looks hot)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.