The Student Room Group

Nature Begins To Deal Nick Clegg.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nick-clegg/8369519/Nick-Clegg-I-cry-to-music-and-even-my-sons-ask-why-everyone-hates-me.html#dsq-content

What a load of nonsense. I think that the comment from the Telegraph below renders it beautifully:

jamesrogers
Today 10:31 PM
Recommended by
21 people
Clegg is turning into Michael Foot. Gazing out from his rich and privileged tower and anguishing over the poor folk swilling about below... "Can't we throw them something, Miriam? I feel so sorry for them. I feel so miserable because I am so well off. Can we spare an olive or two? I think I will go and lie down now. Jemima thinks I look a little pale."
In any sane country this daft drip would not be within a million miles of a role in government. The UK has gone mad beyond belief.
Report Recommend

What do you think? Me? I may just move to America now - at least their politicians are fun to laugh at!
Clegg has behaved despicably. But whatever your opinion of Michael Foot as a party leader he was one of the most straightforwardly honest British politicians ever. And extremely generous. This isn't a caricature; it's a lie.
Reply 2
I can't help but feel sorry for the fellow, no matter how wrong he is. Like poor Mr Osborne, he amuses me but he always looks out of place in the House of Commons or in interviews.
Reply 3
Clegg doesn't have a tower. He has a pyramid.
Reply 4
Let's not forget it was the New Statesman, they were always going to slate him, twist his words and so forth. Although hearing that he regularly cries to music is certainly a bit vom-worthy.

That said, I think he's trying to hard to be popular again: "Oh, I don't go to dinner parties in Oxfordshire", I'm not friends with David Cameron, my little boy wonders why everyone hates me - dear Lord. He should stop being so bloody wet and get on with it. Yes, I suspect he's not close friends with the PM, but I believe they certainly have a close working relationship and get on well in a professional context.
Reply 5
He added that he “cries regularly to music”.

And they say the Greens are spineless lovey dovey tree hugging hippies. The Lib Dems seem to be so used to being out of power they have forgotten what the heat in the kitchen actually feels like. Like a woman in a mid life crisis tbh.
Reply 6
I came in here thinking Clegg got attacked by a tree.
Original post by Stratos
I came in here thinking Clegg got attacked by a tree.

Haha - my bad. :lol:
Original post by ish90an

Original post by ish90an
And they say the Greens are spineless lovey dovey tree hugging hippies. The Lib Dems seem to be so used to being out of power they have forgotten what the heat in the kitchen actually feels like. Like a woman in a mid life crisis tbh.

I wonder what music he cries to... :moon:
Be nice to him or he'll go put on some music and cry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending