Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    works out about £13-15 an hour on average. Refereeing U16, U18 and senior football on a saturday and sunday for 8-10 hours. Helped me pay off my holiday, go out when I want to and not have ask my parents for a penny. Can't say it's an easy job but the pay helps you get through the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    I just started to work at Forever 21, part time and I get paid £7.50 an hour. I'm contracted to 12 hours but they're giving me waay to much even though I told them I can't yet.

ReputationRep:
    I work at waterstones and get £6.80 an hour roughly
    I work 16 hours a week (4x4 hour shifts in the evenings)
    Perfect as when I get home the toddlers in bed!

ReputationRep:
    It upsets me to see so many 16/17 year olds getting paid so much compared to me! I'm on minimum wage (£4.98 an hour) at Sports Direct! Although I do get £6.08 an hour at my local racecourse, but thats only usually once a month, and I can only do it if Ive got no shifts on that day at sports direct.

ReputationRep:
    I work as a Swimming Teacher and get £10 an hour. This is the lower to middle end of the teacher wage spectrum - with an extra qualification I can get £13/hr. Other companies get £15 -£18. It's a good wage but tough work. A lot a planning needs to be done too. A lesson plan for a swimming lesson needs to be more in depth (pardon the pun) than most people think...

ReputationRep:
    I used to work as a waitress making about £10.5/h, but since I'm moving to London now this September, I'll be doing nothing else than studying.. :O Not sure I'll be able to get a job that pays as good, with such good hours and still being able to focus on my studies.

ReputationRep:
    I work at Waitrose and get £6.29 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I get around £7.50 at Morrisons. I do 20 hours a week.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I work in a clothes shop. I'm on €10.50 an hour, time and a half on sundays and double time on bank holidays. It's pretty amazing pay. My contract is 12, I tend to do somewhere between 16-24 during university term. During summer I'll likely be working more like 37.5 a week.

ReputationRep:
    I work in a pub/restaurant for Hall and Woodhouse, 17 years old and on £5.50 an hour, I work 12.5 hours a week ( 3 evening shifts) and on a good week tips can be about £40. Equalling out at about £10 an hour

....but not all weeks are good tips weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco, Part time, £6.66 ish and 9 hours a week

Paper round, around £15 a week for about 3 hours so around £5 an hour

ReputationRep:
    Waitressing, between 4-10 hours per week depending on shifts available- i've just gone up to £4 p/h plus tips Also, babysitting is excellent, especially if i need to have quiet to revise (I cant stay undistracted at home )

ReputationRep:
    Greggs, 12hr weekends, £5.70 p/h :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashareginax)
    Greggs, 12hr weekends, £5.70 p/h :
    12hr :O , are you on a 12hr contract? or is it just overtime?. Thought Greggs only did 4hr or 16hr contracts ? :s

ReputationRep:
    £6.82 (though for starters its £6.40) M&S, 14.75 hours a week

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    £4.10/h for a Retail Operative Position at Primark (I work on tills but this position includes people on shop floor and in changing rooms).
    Contracted 8hrs/week (4hrs Sat, 4hrs Sun) and Bank Holidays (4hrs).
    I get a bit of overtime though where I just start earlier in the day which isn't too bad!
    Will get a pay rise after my probation period and then another when I turn 18 if I last that long.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyunicorn133)
    Beaverbrooks, £7.40ph, 17.5 hours per week contracted but I get overtime options.
    hi i know this thread is quite old ive got a informal chat with beaverbrooks and wanted to know what questions they ask and tips would be most helpful pleasee x

ReputationRep:
    I have two jobs.
    In my casual job, I work as a bartender at sporting events, concerts ect.. I make €11 an hour.
    In my permanent part time job, I work as a sales assistant in gamestop and I make €8.65 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Work at Iceland (foods), run the frozen section generally. Pay is something like £6.78 an hour. I only work about 8-12hrs in term time (at uni), holidays as much as I can get, a couple of years ago that would have been a lot of hours, these days I'm lucky if I even get any extra hours apart from covering illness. If I can't get any more then 8-12hrs over this summer I'll have to look for a second job as well..
    hey how did you apply for the job? there is a new store opening round my area and wanted to know how to apply, when i go on the website there are no vacancies or mention..

ReputationRep:
    Cuisinier in a residential care home.

I get paid minimum wage, and hate to be reminded of the fact.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.