Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    £6.92 at banana republic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethany18)
    Thank you, I was really impressed with the wage, not what you expect for a self-stacking job do you tend to work on a particular department? What kind of Tesco is it like Express, Metro...?
    That post didnt really answer your question though. minimum wage for people aged 16-17 is 3.68 ph im afraid.

ReputationRep:
    how much do you get for working at cath kidston? i just had by interview but the manager did not tell me!

ReputationRep:
    Greggs, I get £6.70 an hour and have a 5hr Saturday/weekend contract, but atm have been doing 23 hours or so a week.

ReputationRep:
    WHSmith.. £4.28
    Normally work 10 hours per week (I'm 17)
    ...Rubbish

ReputationRep:
    WH Smith
    4.48 an hour
    4 hours a week
    (Looking for a new job)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coopsyy)
    £7.98 as General Assistant at Sainsburys Used to get £6.18 as a cleaner before this, and £7.15 on a farm before that.
    :eek: Which store do you work at? That seems quite a lot. I work at Sainsbury's and get £7.16 p/h

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hustler-1337)
    :eek: Which store do you work at? That seems quite a lot. I work at Sainsbury's and get £7.16 p/h
    I'm now on £8.19 after we had the pay review, and will go up to something like £8.50 after i've been there 6 months.

Work in one near brighton, though i do work nights... XD £6.64 is the basic i think. Is yours just the basic pay? as to me that seems like a lot, london prehaps?

ReputationRep:
    £7.40ph and this is at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I work at Selfridges
    Get paid 6.18p/h
    Plus get bonuses and commission
    Also free clothes and bags from selfridges every few weeks.
    65% staff discount
    And discount from the whole of selfridges
    So I can't complain! Love it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At the nursery/after school place i work at, i get paid £6.20 an hour. At mcdonalds on sundays, i get paid £6.38 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coopsyy)
    I'm now on £8.19 after we had the pay review, and will go up to something like £8.50 after i've been there 6 months.

Work in one near brighton, though i do work nights... XD £6.64 is the basic i think. Is yours just the basic pay? as to me that seems like a lot, london prehaps?
    Holy cow! I'm guessing the figure you gave includes the nightshift premium? If not, you're getting paid quite well, and I am jealous lol. I've been working there 4.5 years and yes, I do live in London, so my pay includes the location-based premium to reflect the higher living costs.

ReputationRep:
    Lifeguard/LA (leisure assisstant) at a Birmingham City Council Leisure Centre!

£7.20 per hour
    Casual basis.. In other words, I work when I want.

ReputationRep:
    I worked at Waitrose and got £9 something an hour, plus time and a half on Sundays.

I now work as a Language Assistant and get about 14 Euro an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I work in Argos in Belfast, part time, usually 10 hours a week and I get £6.08 an hour Im only a Christmas Temp though.

ReputationRep:
    Marks and Spencer, £6.99 an hour. 16 hours per week, not bad

ReputationRep:
    Primark, 20 hours/week + loads of possible overtime, £6.19/hour

ReputationRep:
    £5.03 at Matalan as a temp --> Got fired for a stupid reason.

Before that was, £7.69 at Boots in 2010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hustler-1337)
    Holy cow! I'm guessing the figure you gave includes the nightshift premium? If not, you're getting paid quite well, and I am jealous lol. I've been working there 4.5 years and yes, I do live in London, so my pay includes the location-based premium to reflect the higher living costs.
    You live in London?!

I work in Sainsburys too but I'm on £7.22 p/h (not much difference, I know) but I'm not in London! I was under the impression that stores in London would get the highest location allowance...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Previous job at adidas, I got £7.10 an hour after a pay rise from £6.95. I left this summer and their pay has gone up again now to £7.25.

Got a temp job for this Christmas at Selfridges for £8.24ph in Customer Services.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.