Turn on thread page Beta

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serenity Hope Moon)
    £5.03 at Matalan as a temp --> Got fired for a stupid reason.

Before that was, £7.69 at Boots in 2010
    How come Matalan fired you?

I remember reading about a lady who got fired from Little Chef for taking her meal home after a shift even though they are allowed a free meal. Apparently it's against company policy to take it off the premises though. There are some seriously stupid reasons that company's give in order to get rid of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EMassey)
    Previous job at adidas, I got £7.10 an hour after a pay rise from £6.95. I left this summer and their pay has gone up again now to £7.25.

Got a temp job for this Christmas at Selfridges for £8.24ph in Customer Services.
    Are both jobs in Oxford Street?

How did you apply? Did you go to the store and hand in a CV? or apply online?

What was the recruiting process of the two stores? was it telephone interview? 1-1 interview? and assessment centre?

Are you a student? What days and hours did you work at Adidas and at Selfridges?

Also, are you kept on after Xmas at Selfridges? or does temp mean you work for Xmas only?

Sorry for asking so many questions!

I window shop at Adidas and Selfridges, they both look like good places to work. I would of though getting a job is very competitive at those two places.

ReputationRep:
    I work at Waitrose for £6.29 an hour and pretty much all the overtime I want, love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuyUK)
    Are both jobs in Oxford Street?

How did you apply? Did you go to the store and hand in a CV? or apply online?

What was the recruiting process of the two stores? was it telephone interview? 1-1 interview? and assessment centre?

Are you a student? What days and hours did you work at Adidas and at Selfridges?

Also, are you kept on after Xmas at Selfridges? or does temp mean you work for Xmas only?

Sorry for asking so many questions!

I window shop at Adidas and Selfridges, they both look like good places to work. I would of though getting a job is very competitive at those two places.
    Ahah, no problem.

Only Selfridges is in Oxford Street, the adidas was in Westfield Stratford.

For both of them I applied online.

Adidas simply invited me for an assessment centre/interview by email. Selfridges conducted a phone interview and then an assessment centre.

I am a sixth form student. I did 8 hours a week (weekend only) at adidas. At Selfridges, (I start in a couple of weeks times) I will be doing 19 hours a week because I now have more time! (It will be a mix of Wed, Thur, Sat & Sun).

Like I said I haven't actually started yet and I don't think I will be kept on as it is quite a niche Christmas-y position and ends on the 24th December. And yes, I will only be working for them for 4 weeks (and obviously earning quite a bit for that short time!!!)

Honestly adidas is a fantastic company. It does have its flaws but which company doesn't?! I met so so so many great people there who I have kept in contact with and hope to continue to keep seeing! I had to leave mainly due to education reasons which are now rectified and I could've gone back there this Christmas but Selfridges was much more appealing to me

EDIT: Adidas was extremely competitive. I was chosen from over 3000 CVs sent to them (with absolutely no experience) for the interview. Selfridges as it was Xmas temp was less so I think but I really don't know!! I heard they were interviewing around 300 people for 60-80 positions across the store.

I'm very happy to answer any more questions you may have.

Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    Im a cashier at Morrisons, 9 hours a week. (Although its time and a half on sundays so I get paid as if I would 10.5 hours).

Get paid 5.65 and hour, will go up for £7 something when I'm 18 though.

ReputationRep:
    I work as a carer, minimum wage; £4.98 part time. Time and a half at weekends though cranking it up to £7.47 which makes it more worth while :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EMassey)
    Ahah, no problem.

Only Selfridges is in Oxford Street, the adidas was in Westfield Stratford.

For both of them I applied online.

Adidas simply invited me for an assessment centre/interview by email. Selfridges conducted a phone interview and then an assessment centre.

I am a sixth form student. I did 8 hours a week (weekend only) at adidas. At Selfridges, (I start in a couple of weeks times) I will be doing 19 hours a week because I now have more time! (It will be a mix of Wed, Thur, Sat & Sun).

Like I said I haven't actually started yet and I don't think I will be kept on as it is quite a niche Christmas-y position and ends on the 24th December. And yes, I will only be working for them for 4 weeks (and obviously earning quite a bit for that short time!!!)

Honestly adidas is a fantastic company. It does have its flaws but which company doesn't?! I met so so so many great people there who I have kept in contact with and hope to continue to keep seeing! I had to leave mainly due to education reasons which are now rectified and I could've gone back there this Christmas but Selfridges was much more appealing to me

EDIT: Adidas was extremely competitive. I was chosen from over 3000 CVs sent to them (with absolutely no experience) for the interview. Selfridges as it was Xmas temp was less so I think but I really don't know!! I heard they were interviewing around 300 people for 60-80 positions across the store.

I'm very happy to answer any more questions you may have.

Hope it helps
    Oh ok I thought london would have more applicants. Cos I work for the birmingham selfridges right now and they was only recruiting 2 people out of 2500 cvs and only 25 for interview lol. This is only for one department in selfridges not the whole store.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giyueah)
    Oh ok I thought london would have more applicants. Cos I work for the birmingham selfridges right now and they was only recruiting 2 people out of 2500 cvs and only 25 for interview lol. This is only for one department in selfridges not the whole store.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know how many CVs they got but I'd imagine it was a lot too.

ReputationRep:
    I was on at Toys r us, part time and get paid £4.40 an hour. (I work 13 hours)

ReputationRep:
    I work at Boots, at 6.45£ ph. Part time. Roughly, 20-24 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    Bare Minerals, Beauty Ambassador £6.60 - pretty decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Penneys/Primark. €9.41 which is £7.25.

ReputationRep:
    Employer: Essex Fire & Rescue Service
    Title: Firefighter
    Wage: £12.88 per hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbin95)
    WH Smith
    4.48 an hour
    4 hours a week
    (Looking for a new job)
    Finally got a new job!
    John Lewis
    About 6.30 an hour I think, I haven't been told the exact rate as I haven't actually started yet, but I'll be working sundays so about 9.40ish an hour on sundays
    I think it'll be around 10 hours a week

ReputationRep:
    Work at domino's pizza and get £3.68/h. Soon to go up to 4.98. Is that good?

ReputationRep:
    Celtic FC:- Catering Assistant-£6.11
    G4S Events:-Event Security-£6.19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Private teacher at Mímir, two lessons a week, 45mins each: over 50 quid a week. So, roundabouts 50 quid an hour.

Before that, I was an assistant manager, in training, in a bar on a salary of 15.5k a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishChris)
    Will shame you all however

Job Title : Officaly - Director Un-offically - Gaffer, Boss.
    Hours : Loads however try stick to a normal 37hours
    Pay : Min take home is £50kpa + yearly profit bonus.

Company pay is Start at £6.65ph up to most is my General Assistant who gets 45k a year

The company makes good profit however I prefer to give for my staff higher pay and rewards.
    Why do I smell bull?

ReputationRep:
    I work BANK as a care assistant at care home for the elderly. £6.20 on a week day and £6.50 at weekends.

I also have a job with Mencap as a Playworker where I earn £7.50 per hour.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 17 and a Lifeguard - £6.50 an hour, (glorified cleaner and babysitter). Doing the ASA Swimming instructors level one course in a week, when I have level two I can earn £12.50 an hour. Woo!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.