Turn on thread page Beta

Psychoanalysis-soo you do it? watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever psychoanalyse people? I do, alot. It's fun. It's beneficial too because it makes you more tolerant. I give diagnosises(sp?) too. Just in my head not to the face because most people dont really care unless you can treat.

You guys are so unfuN!

ReputationRep:
    I just assume everyone has daddy issues.

ReputationRep:
    You give diagnosis's despite having no formal clinical qualifications?

I stopped taking you seriously at this point.

ReputationRep:
    I once got really drunk and started psychoanalysing this guy for about an hour, me and my friend were cracking up about it, and convinced I was getting everything spot on, but in the morning neither of us could remember a thing I'd said, just that it was hilarious and completely accurate, and the guy was so pissed off he wouldn't tell us. I've always wondered what it was I said...

ReputationRep:
    How does one psychoanalyse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I once got really drunk and started psychoanalysing this guy for about an hour, me and my friend were cracking up about it, and convinced I was getting everything spot on, but in the morning neither of us could remember a thing I'd said, just that it was hilarious and completely accurate, and the guy was so pissed off he wouldn't tell us. I've always wondered what it was I said...
    Aw too bad you were drunk. I dont give the verdict to most people. but the ones i do i either make them cry or make friends with them .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    You give diagnosis's despite having no formal clinical qualifications?

I stopped taking you seriously at this point.
    Its just for fun! And it stays in my head most times so no damage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Destroyviruses)
    Aw too bad you were drunk. I dont give the verdict to most people. but the ones i do i either make them cry or make friends with them .
    I dunno, it wouldn't have been nearly so funny if I hadn't been drunk, and possibly not as accurate. I assume I must have hit fairly close to home, otherwise he wouldn't have been so pissed off about it (unless if I started accusing him of being a pervert or a paedophile :mmm:).

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, it wouldn't have been nearly so funny if I hadn't been drunk, and possibly not as accurate. I assume I must have hit fairly close to home, otherwise he wouldn't have been so pissed off about it (unless if I started accusing him of being a pervert or a paedophile :mmm:).
    Its very interesting that you believe alcohol makes you better at psychoanalysis.
    How do you know hes pissed off about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Destroyviruses)
    Its very interesting that you believe alcohol makes you better at psychoanalysis.
    How do you know hes pissed off about it?
    Probably not better, but maybe more brutally honest.

This was ages ago, but I knew he was pissed off cos he said stuff the next day and then barely spoke to me for about a week.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not better, but maybe more brutally honest.

This was ages ago, but I knew he was pissed off cos he said stuff the next day and then barely spoke to me for about a week.
    Ohh. I was brutally honest at this new school and i got a crowd of girls sat around me asking me
    what i thought of them! ive never been drunk, but youd think I was sometimes!sometimes your told shocking and funny things people think about you itd be so much better if people said stuff to your face.Hi how are you?

ReputationRep:
    everything has to do with sex!....and oedipus complex.

Freud said so!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Freud's a bit crazy

ReputationRep:
    I just assume everybody is kind of an idiot...
    ... and I'm usually right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontthinkso)
    I just assume everybody is kind of an idiot...
    ... and I'm usually right!
    Yes, there lots of different typed of stupidity and the type you are yourself is the type you don't find hardest to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSenrine)
    How does one psychoanalyse?
    By being a pretentious judgemental knob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Ooo, you want to be a shrink?

ReputationRep:
    I'm good at reading people, but I would hardly call it psychoanalysis.

There is a difference to being naturally good at reading body-language, and being a professional Psychoanalyst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    I'm good at reading people, but I would hardly call it psychoanalysis.

There is a difference to being naturally good at reading body-language, and being a professional Psychoanalyst.
    Yes, I use the word psychoanalysis informally. To mean generally analysing peoples behaviour etc. Like when people call you psychopath but you dont fit the criteria.

To what extent do you read people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Lol. +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    everything has to do with sex!....and oedipus complex.

Freud said so!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Freud's a bit crazy
    Yeah , traditional psychiatry is abit messed up! I prefer jung. He was less cuckoo but liked freud! I have a friend called sigmund!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.