Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone use them?

If so, are they 'good' / better than using curling tongs?

Which ones should I buy?

How long do I need to leave them in for?

I have loooots of hair - would I need to sets?

Thanks...

ReputationRep:
    You're at Cambridge.

It's *Two btw.

Hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    You're at Cambridge.

It's *Two btw.

Hahaha.
    omg stfu

love you squidge

ReputationRep:
    I use those big fat Tresemme ones for volume; my hair's already curly.

Try this for curls, they'll last a lot longer (than using tongs) if you style them from wet: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remington-D1.../dp/B002C1AYB0

ReputationRep:
    I use them every other day. I love them.

I bought mine from Sally beauty. They're by 'Diva' or something.

I leave them in for about 4 hours, then tong any curls that drop. Heated rollers are fabulous for creating height on top. <3

ReputationRep:
    I have babyliss ones, they're really great but require a reasonable amount of practise and experimentation to get the look you want.
    They can also make your hair look a bit funny if you have shorter layers.

ReputationRep:
    I have the babyliss ceramic ones and they're great!
    A lot less hassle then tongs or straighteners and you can do your makeup while they curl away
    They're also very light so you won't feel them tugging your hair and for me at least the curl lasts all day.

Although if you do have loads of hair you may have to do it in two sets (it doesn't take very long either way)
    Just saying because my hair is about medium thickness and I need to use all of the rollers to cover my hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloise987)
    I have babyliss ones, they're really great but require a reasonable amount of practise and experimentation to get the look you want.
    They can also make your hair look a bit funny if you have shorter layers.

(Original post by kitkatbitesize)
    I have the babyliss ceramic ones and they're great!
    A lot less hassle then tongs or straighteners and you can do your makeup while they curl away
    They're also very light so you won't feel them tugging your hair and for me at least the curl lasts all day.

Although if you do have loads of hair you may have to do it in two sets (it doesn't take very long either way)
    Just saying because my hair is about medium thickness and I need to use all of the rollers to cover my hair.
    Yeah I was looking at the babyliss pro ones, with 30 rollers? Is that the ones you use? And I have aaaaaaaaaalot of hair xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_geek)
    Yeah I was looking at the babyliss pro ones, with 30 rollers? Is that the ones you use? And I have aaaaaaaaaalot of hair xx
    yea, those are the ones

It doesn't take very long to put them in and they take about 15 mins to cool so it wouldn't take too long to do it in two sets.

Id say if you were gonna go for it, buy one set, try them out and if you feel you need more rollers buy the second set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_geek)
    Yeah I have the 30 rollers and my hair's probably regular thickness and the very bottom layer i often have to use tongs on because i run out of rollers. Depends if I've been careful about how big the sections are or not.

I don't really use them that often at the moment because when I bought them last year I was curling my hair after every wash, so they were preferable to tongs when my hair became really brittle from heat damage. But I've got myself out of the habit now and just use regular velcro rollers instead for a bit of bounce, because I'm trying to sort out the condition of my hair.

But for nights out and special occasions I often use them and I always get loads of compliments. I usually back comb the roots underneath a little for each, and you get a good sixties vibe going haha

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.