Turn on thread page Beta

I have fallen for my female lecturer, and I don't know how to handle it. watch

Hi Everyone,

I'm in such a bad situation and I would appreciate any advice that people can offer. I have completely fallen for my female lecturer (I am also a female). I don't know what to do. I do not want to feel like this it just happened!
    I want to stop these feelings but I do not know how to approach this situation as its very difficult and delicate. I have quite a lot of contact with this lecturer as she is my personal tutor so its hard to avoid her.I know she gives me more help than any other student and she takes a high interest into my personal life and has shown a level of care towards me and I think that's why I have fallen for her. I need advice on how to stop feeling like this as I have to see her face to face quite regularly and I believe my feelings are ruining are working relationship as I find them hard to control.
    I thought perhaps I should send her an email explaining how I feel and that perhaps it would be the best for both of us if we create some distance between us. But I am unsure whether this would go down well and I wouldn't want other lecturers to know about this situation. I don't know what else to do...Please help. What would the most mature approach be?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it.

Because nothing will become of this ituation.

ReputationRep:
    Proposition them?

ReputationRep:
    An e-mail?? Come on! Any more unpersonal please...

She's your lecturer and tutor, but she's also just a human. I don't want to be mean to you and give you hopes. But this is honestly what I think: If she had an interest in you, it would be much more risky on her part to do anything. She could lose her job, because you could snitch on her. If you were the one to try and start something, you would be told off, but that's it.

She might even have an interest for you, but cares too much about this "lecturer-student" relationship. (forget about her being married or having a boyfriend, what's between her and her guy, has nothing to do with what's between you and her).

Of course she might also simply not have an interest in you. But if you think it's worth it, you could try to subtly find some common ground that leads to meeting somewhere more private (preferably with drinks). And then you could be flirtatious as hell, and look for indications that she feels in some way the same (you got to be observant, because they would most likely be very subtle indications).

Getting rid of your emotions? That's outrageous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi Everyone,

I'm in such a bad situation and I would appreciate any advice that people can offer. I have completely fallen for my female lecturer (I am also a female). I don't know what to do. I do not want to feel like this it just happened!
    I want to stop these feelings but I do not know how to approach this situation as its very difficult and delicate. I have quite a lot of contact with this lecturer as she is my personal tutor so its hard to avoid her.I know she gives me more help than any other student and she takes a high interest into my personal life and has shown a level of care towards me and I think that's why I have fallen for her. I need advice on how to stop feeling like this as I have to see her face to face quite regularly and I believe my feelings are ruining are working relationship as I find them hard to control.
    I thought perhaps I should send her an email explaining how I feel and that perhaps it would be the best for both of us if we create some distance between us. But I am unsure whether this would go down well and I wouldn't want other lecturers to know about this situation. I don't know what else to do...Please help. What would the most mature approach be?
    Reeks of attention seeking

ReputationRep:
    this is a tricky situation. are you attracted to other girls, a lesbian, bisexual or until you developed feelings for your lecturer, straight? a gay side may be coming out, so maybe your lesbian emotion is directed at an attractive woman that you spend time with. do you love her, or is it just an attraction? either way, just sit on your feelings, as if they came out it may be a threat to her career. how long has it gone on for? if it continues for more than four months i would recommened finding professional help, e.g a councilor as you don't want to hurt her career, but you can't stay in pain. if it is under four months, then it might just be a crush that wears out. try going to a lesbian society and mix with girls who will flirt with you and you may find someone. it isn't uncommon for men or women who are gay to become so in their late teens and early 20's, and if your changing, you may just be latching onto a female that isn't a friend, but you have a connection with. i hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    You don't know how to handle them? You just hold them in your hands, put your face in between and go BBRRBRRWWRRBRRWRWRRRRBRR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    You don't know how to handle them? You just hold them in your hands, put your face in between and go BBRRBRRWWRRBRRWRWRRRRBRR
    hahahahaha I burst out laughing :toofunny:

:five:

ReputationRep:
    If you tell her she's probably stop being your tutor. So basically if you can't handle your feelings you will have to get a new tutor.
    From what you say she's very important to you so I suggest you get a grip, control your feelings and listen to what she has to say. If there's absolutely no way you can do this, as I said before, you'll have to get a new tutor.
    Basically you have to choose:
    - get a grip;
    - new tutor.

Thanks for your advice
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    When you say you've fallen for her, do you actually mean in a sexual/romantic way? From what you've said, it sounds kinda similar to what happened to me at uni, which ended up being a mother figure thing (though I did at one point declare my supposed undying sexual love. She didn't believe that at all :rofl: ).

Feel free to PM me if that would help. If it's a mother figure thing then there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, as long as you have clear boundaries and keep things as realistic as possible

ReputationRep:
    Sleep with her and film it in HD.

(Original post by JaggySnake95)
    Sleep with her and film it in HD.
    lmao...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.