Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So yeh, in the past two weeks or so I'm getting this vibe of practically everyone that they hate me. I'm in my last year of sixth form, and I joined this sixth form two years, it was really difficult for me to make friends because I was so different to everyone. I don't even think I have much common with everybody. But yeh, I finally did make some friends after a few months of starting sixth form. It wasn't a strong friendship or anything though, just the "hi, how're you?" etc ones. In yr 13 I did get close to a small group. But these last three weeks have proved different. Out of the blue I've had one of my close friends who I've shared memories with has just stopped talking to me and is completely avoiding me. Like literally I was walking behind her and she was practically running away from me. I haven't said or done anything wrong to her, infact I haven't said anything that would be deemed as offensive. It's really hit me hard how she's not speaking to me, I did text her asking why all this silence lately. Apparently she wants a "break" from me. What the hell does that mean, it's not a valid reason at all. It's not just her though, just in general everybody seems really quite around me. I don't know why this is, I think it is because everybody hates me. I don't fit in, I'm not pretty, I'm not 100% smart, I don't go out every weekend, I don't have their personality, I'm just a loser and everyone hates me. To conclude, I was just on facebook and I see that one of my closest friends has deleted me. That I really don't understand because I haven't spoken to her in the past week, I haven't said anything at all.

If anybody does have any advice or feedback or even a similar experience then please comment, I just don't know what to do. I'm being serious, I'm not a troll or anything related to that.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. It sounds like maybe someone started a nasty rumour about you and your friends have believed it or something, can't think why else they would be behaving like that towards you. Is there anyone not ignoring that you could talk to, see if they know anything?

ReputationRep:
    :console: Listen, most people hated me at school too, the most friends I ever had was two. It sucks, but the thing is as soon as you leave school none of it matters any more. All the petty squabbles and rumours and falling outs instantly become meaningless. So I know that things must be tough for you now, but you just need to hang on for a little bit longer, and it'll be fine. You'll go to uni or get a job, you'll meet people who are more mature and get some proper friends. At uni it's much easier to find friends who don't fit in either, just because uni is so much bigger than school and you meet so many more people. So just remember things won't stay like this forever.

ReputationRep:
    You should get to the bottom of it, express your concerns and have a proper productive chat about this.
    True, it could be a rumour, or they just all teamed up and thought that you're not the sort of friend they want, it could be that they had a ***** about you, in which case they're not worth it.

Perhaps you can be a bit clingy or something too, you've got to see where you think you 'could' be going wrong.

p.s not long to go until uni.

It's me the OP but it won't let me post as the thread starter . I'm far from clingy to my friends, most of the my lunch times are spent fixing up some homework or coursework so I can't see that as being clingy. And for rumours as some of you say, I don't think anybody is pathetic enough to make a rumour about a sore loser like myself. I have spoken to a couple of friends I can trust about it, they're just saying that the people ignoring me are having a "bad day". I find that hard to believe because it's been weeks now.
    Joining this fxcking sixth form has been my biggest regret so far. I don't know what I was thinking, it's full of pretentious, vain, slxtty bxtches that think they're so welcoming, when that's the last thing they are. I get so many stares from half the girls here, with a look that clearly says "who are you, why are you here? you're not welcome".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's me the OP but it won't let me post as the thread starter . I'm far from clingy to my friends, most of the my lunch times are spent fixing up some homework or coursework so I can't see that as being clingy. And for rumours as some of you say, I don't think anybody is pathetic enough to make a rumour about a sore loser like myself. I have spoken to a couple of friends I can trust about it, they're just saying that the people ignoring me are having a "bad day". I find that hard to believe because it's been weeks now.
    Joining this fxcking sixth form has been my biggest regret so far. I don't know what I was thinking, it's full of pretentious, vain, slxtty bxtches that think they're so welcoming, when that's the last thing they are. I get so many stares from half the girls here, with a look that clearly says "who are you, why are you here? you're not welcome".
    I'm in exactlyy the same position as you, after a while I just decided 'It's not me, it's them'
    I have plenty of friends from my old school who I see alll the time, and I make friends easily normally. It's just this school is veryyy stuck up, and yeah literally exactly what you described: full of pretentious girls who think they're welcoming when they're anything but that.
    Just concentrate on your school work and make time to see the friends you actually DO like. Hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure you are looking for hard-truths here but the emotions and thoughts you are describing - that everyone hates you, that everyone is looking at you - they are probably the reason people find it offputting to be around you.

Something you don't realise until you are older, and in some cases never realise at all, is that most people dont think about you. People ARENT looking at you, thinking about you, talking about - that's your paranoia, narcissism or just plain insecurity coming through.

People who obsess about stuff like this are tiresome to be around. I remember one girl at school who was always saying stuff like "why does everyone hate me" and similar things to your posts to all of us (her loose friendship group) and it drove us all away from her because, to be honest, its no fun constantly having to prop up someone who is full of fragile insecurities and is always seeking validation.

ReputationRep:
    Clegg?

(Original post by HistoryRepeating)
    People who obsess about stuff like this are tiresome to be around. I remember one girl at school who was always saying stuff like "why does everyone hate me" and similar things to your posts to all of us (her loose friendship group) and it drove us all away from her because, to be honest, its no fun constantly having to prop up someone who is full of fragile insecurities and is always seeking validation.
    The thing is that I haven't asked anyone "why does everybody hate me?". Infact, I've thought this for a long time, but I haven't told anyone. I don't think I could bare tell my friends, they'd probably just laugh.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is that I haven't asked anyone "why does everybody hate me?". Infact, I've thought this for a long time, but I haven't told anyone. I don't think I could bare tell my friends, they'd probably just laugh.
    Maybe not those exact words but its kinda obvious from your posts that you are very insecure.

(Original post by HistoryRepeating)
    Maybe not those exact words but its kinda obvious from your posts that you are very insecure.
    My depression's lead to my insecurity. I had a really bad life a few years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Is your first name Nick?
    And your last name Clegg?

(Original post by No Future)
    Is your first name Nick?
    And your last name Clegg?
    No, I'm a girl. Nick Clegg can go die, pathetic Lib Dem.

ReputationRep:
    My depression's lead to my insecurity. I had a really bad life a few years ago.
    Ok, but you need to start liking yourself before others will like you.

ReputationRep:
    Haters gon hate

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm a girl. Nick Clegg can go die, pathetic Lib Dem.
    Then it could be worse. At least you're not him.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with you except that lack confidence. Confident people tend to be more popular. If you have a low opinion of yourself, then others are likely to feel the same, unfortunately. It's been similar for me (except I've had no friends at all, for years, not even rubbish ones). It might be a good idea to see your school counsellor if you can, and if you're feeling depressed, go to the doctor. I know it's difficult, but try to focus on what's good about you, and what you do have rather than what you don't. Some people recommend making a list of your good qualities and adding to it every day. I found it really difficult to find one thing at the start, but it gets easier later on.

ReputationRep:
    They sound like idiots! This has happened to me before, I used to be 'friends' with a group of very *****y people and I am now far better off without them. Stay strong, I know it's hard but only a few weeks left to go.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.