The Student Room Group

What's your BMI and does it "match you" ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Just over 25 (so just fall into acceptable rather than in shape)

When I did a fat percentage thing in the gym over a year ago, I was 33%, then after training I got down to about 23% and haven't done much since (plus first year at uni) so seems about right :smile:

Nice job on losing it :smile:
Original post by Pink Bullets

Original post by Pink Bullets
Lol, why be jealous? You'd only have to lose 5 pounds to have the same BMI as me. Nobody would notice the difference. :p:

The difference would be visible on me lol
Reply 22
Original post by Arenas123
What's finding clothes like with those sizes ?

a fun experience as you might imagine! my thighs tend to cause most of the problems so I tend to wear shorts all year and then trousers and shirts the rest of the time. T M Lewin do larger fit shirts that are still a slimmer fit so that helps but it gets expensive!
Im short and curvy but not fat. And no i ant bragging. But my BMI is a little over 25 and that would make me over weight but i love me curves :smile:

My boobs are the first thing to become smaller so i guess im staying at this weight lol...
Original post by JCC-MGS
My BMI is over 9000. This suits me.

I can see that from your signature. The boy looks almost afraid of you with that trunk.
Mine's 27.9

does it fit me? I dunno. I guess *shrugs*
5'1 and my BMI was 18 about a month ago. I'm trying to gain some weight though, I usually have a BMI of 19.5. I've just joined a gym to try and gain some muscle (hopefully most of the weight will go on as muscle...). It suits me, that weight, I'm pretty petite.
21/22 yes I am chubby, but not fat. :biggrin:
Reply 28
my BMI is a little less than 18 (17.85), which would mean im underweight. but it doesnt match my body because i have a lot of fat, hmm....
26.6, wasn't surprised really considering im 5'9, 180 pounds and have a rugby physique.
5ft7, 126lbs, 19.7

I guess so.
Mine's 24, which is supposedly healthy, but I'm a size 14, I can't be that healthy!
Around 21.5 - 22. 5'8", 10 st 4, body fat percentage of around 26%. All very average seeming but I feel quite a lot bigger than that, too many petite friends. :tongue:
17.5. I think i'm too big, but my bf say's im too thin :frown:
Reply 34
25, but i'm not visibly fat. Then again i've got alot of muscle (my legs are really bulky because of alot of cycling) so i guess BMI doesn't take that into account.
My boyfriend is almost obese according to his BMI, there is not a scrap of fat on him, he's a discus thrower. BMI is not useful for muscley people.

I'm 19, and yeah it seems about right.

Whereas using a body fat machine thing, his is 13% and mine is 20%.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
Mine is 21.5 but I look overweight :frown:
My BMI usually verges upon overweight.

I am not overweight. The same is true for many people.
i'm 18. and sometimes i was below.
but it doesnt take into account your body mass.
my dad took it and it said he was on the high end of obese (almost morbidly obese!)
he went to the doctor who told him he was a healthy weight for his height and bonestrcuture etc....

you're fine.
6'1" and 10stone gives me a bmi of 18.5 which I think matches me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending